Instructor Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltju

New to the site!
Reaction score
Trying to find classes for instructor certification.
I live near Tulsa but will travel if needed to make a class.
Interested SDA & CLEET Security firearms instructor certification.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In regards to being a CLEET firearms instructor, you gotta go thru their Basic Instructor Development school first. It's a week long.

Have you done that?

You also have to be a CLEET certified AND commissioned peace officer in the state of Oklahoma and be employed by an agency.

Do you hold those credentials?

I think it's easier to be an NRA instructor.

Coltju

New to the site!
Reaction score
Yes and no.
I only possess reserve officer certification, I am currently commissioned as reserve status, with a local SO and tribal agency. Working in security management for awhile now, for a large firm.

I knew for the LE instructor you had to have full-time cert, but wasn't sure when regarding instructor status for Security CLEET certification.

Worked with a number of F/T LE instructors in the past 9 years, assisting with reserve academys and qualification ranges.

Thanks for your assistance, the NRA I was already checking into. Just didn't know with some state level stipulations what was required.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont think you have to be FT to go to cleet instructor school, just have your tribe send you.
I could be wrong.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Phase I of the CLEET Basic Firearms Instructor School is the Application Phase. The firearms instructor applicant must:
1. Be certified as a full-time, salaried peace officer as set forth in Title 70, Section 3311 of the Oklahoma State Statutes;
2. Be currently employed by a municipal, county, state or tribal law enforcement agency;
3. Have two years of law enforcement experience, after CLEET certification, prior to beginning firearms instructor training;
4. Have successfully completed a CLEET approved Basic Instructor Development School prior to applying for admission to the Basic Firearms Instructor School..."

We had a Rogers County guy in my instructor course.

petercheck

New to the site!
Reaction score
They need to prepare teaching materials for each session. Many instructors also assess the performance of trainees.In this day and age, we know how important it is to pass exams and to be on the road teaching pupils and earning as quickly as possible. Once you have passed the Criminal Record Check we will pull out all the stops to get you earning within 12 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom