Instructor Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you who like to plan ahead, we will be conducting another Three-Day Firearms Instructor Development & Certification Course at the Oklahoma City Gun Club on 28-30 Oct 2011. That is a Friday through Sunday class, 9am to approximately 6pm each day. This is a very nice facility. This course is CLEET certified to become an SDA Instructor.

shootlikeagirl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need to prepare teaching materials for each session. Many instructors also assess the performance of trainees.In this day and age, we know how important it is to pass exams and to be on the road teaching pupils and earning as quickly as possible. Once you have passed the Criminal Record Check we will pull out all the stops to get you earning within 12 weeks.

I am having trouble find the right person to teach the 16 hours training. Do youhave any suggestions? I'm in okc area, but don't mind driving!

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
Tom will be in OKC again in the fall of 2011 to teach his 3 day Instructors course (see his post above). He owns Rangemaster in Memphis. check www.rangemaster.com for class details. You may have already gathered this, but his couse qualifies you for CLEET certification as an SDA instructor. The only private school that OK recognizes (I think). The process is not complete until you apply for SDA instructor thru the OSBI. Both certifications CLEET and OSBI are necessary. Hope this helps.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be offering the NRA Pistol Instructor's Course on March 17-18 at the Carry Legal range. This is the course that is necessary to become an SDA instructor. Call me at 939-9238 for more information or to sign up, or visit http://carrylegal.com/register.php.

I'm having trouble opening the Carry Legal website. What are the prerequisites for the NRA Pistol Instructor's Course?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble opening the Carry Legal website. What are the prerequisites for the NRA Pistol Instructor's Course?

If its like the one I had, you just have be able to find your way to it.
Its something you have to do, but most of the NRA training is pretty watered down. The Givens class is a Million times better!!! it will really make you a better shooter and instructor!! To pass you have to pass a very though written test, do a lesson plan and presentation on a topic that Tom will assign you plus pass the FBI instructor shooting qualification, then shoot Tom's test so he'll know if you can shoot or not:thumb:

For it you can sign up at ( www.rangemaster.com) or call Lynn, at (901) 370-5600

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is no prerequisite to the NRA course - just take it. Prdator is correct - the Givens course would definitely be much better. We are offering the NRA course as a convenience - it's cheaper, it's local, and it's soon! If you can take the class with Tom Givens, that's the way to go. But if you want something that will get you legal sooner...that's what we're doing!

Not sure why you were having problems with the website - just confirmed that the links are working. Actually, the only info there now is to sign up. If you have any questions about it, call me at 939-9238.

Jeremiah

Latest posts

Top Bottom