Integrated Upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got some stripped lower AR-15 receivers laying around not earning their keep; thinking about purchasing an upper with an integrated silencer - perhaps .300 Blackout. Have seen some that have the silencer pinned to a short barrel, thus making the overall barrel length 16” and requiring only one stamp (for the silencer). Anyone own one of these? Pros & cons?

ImaBBaller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own one like that but I own or have owned several suppressors and a few integrally suppressed barrels. The positive is that as you have pointed out it will be a one stamp gun that will have the length of an SBR with an attached suppressor.

A minor con would be that it makes cleaning the barrel more complicated since you can't remove the suppressor for cleaning. And the major con in my opinion is that the suppressor is obviously permanently attached to that barrel and can't be used on multiple guns. Once you get a suppressor, you will want to be able to put one on more of your guns, which means more tax stamps and suppressor purchases. If your suppressor isn't permanently attached it will be much more versatile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom