Interesting interaction at the Atwoods gun counter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bartlesville location has a very nice selection. Plenty o wheel guns, 1911,s and even a couple Stribogs. Never seen another Atwood’s with that large of or nice of selection
I agree, it's usually well kept and stocked. I'm not trying to knock on them or their employee I just wanted to make sure I myself knew what I was talking about as well.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That employee may not be the brightest, but at least he is working. I applaud him for that in today’s society where it seems hard to find folks willing to work.
And he is only as good as the training provided to him. I have found the training/process is at fault far more times than an actual individual is. I have even gone so far as to write a couple of "need" letters back when I was less comfortably employed identifying gaps in processes and offering to help work through them but never received a reply to one.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd ask to speak to the mgr and ask them if they do any training before turning people loose in the firearm dept.
And ask then to read this part of the 4473. Then ask them what they do not understand about it.
1657830898915.jpeg

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EXACT SAME THING happened the last time I bought a gun at Academy in Lawton. Right down to the ATF thing. I didnt know whether to call him a DA or a liar.

Atwood’s seems to have a unique set of rules. A couple of years ago, I purchased a Ruger 9mm at the Norman store. After the paperwork routine (more than just 4473), I had to wait for manager to walk me to the front register, still holding the box, and then he had to walk me to my car, and place it inside. I said something about “special” treatment and his reply was, “Oh no, this is ATF requirements”. I was still laughing when I reached the traffic lights.
I am gifting my Son in Law a German Sig 220 that I bought at least 40 + years ago in excellent condition. He always wanted one and liked shooting mine when they come visit. Took it to my FFL to have it shipped to Philadelphia, PA to same FFL that we have used over many years, The Philadelphia Training Academy. So a week passes and my FFL still has no Faxed or Blue over FFL. My daughter calls the PTA Range and a female she talks to tells her my Son in Law has to come in and fill out a bunch of paperwork before they will send my FFL their copy and of course it can't include the 4473 until the gun get there. So they have to go back to get the gun and who knows?. Now with this PTA Range you have to join at a cost of $250. each person for two years so my Son in Law and daughter can use the range whenever its open.. Come to find out ownership has changed hands and new rules now apply which the the woman at the Range blames on the ATF? This is nuts! Now looking for a new range. Aren't you just glad you live in the West!

Latest posts

Top Bottom