Interesting interaction at the Atwoods gun counter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says i wanted to get some input on an interesting interaction I had with the gun counter employee at my local woods.
I've been on the hunt for a gas operated 20 Guage for my son who is under 10 to start with. Looking at shotguns tonight I informed the employee I was interested in looking at LOP as my kids will share this gun. Long story short he informed he was happy to help but couldn't make a sell as I told him it's for my son i.e. straw purchase scenario.
I'm just now aging into having my children join me on the sporting clays course. Can anyone who has already traveled this path enlighten me on the real rules? I just assumed as the father of the minor it was understood what was happening or was this guy over the top? And my son was with me, forgot to add that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Like the title says i wanted to get some input on an interesting interaction I had with the gun counter employee at my local woods.
I've been on the hunt for a gas operated 20 Guage for my son who is under 10 to start with. Looking at shotguns tonight I informed the employee I was interested in looking at LOP as my kids will share this gun. Long story short he informed he was happy to help but couldn't make a sell as I told him it's for my son i.e. straw purchase scenario.
I'm just now aging into having my children join me on the sporting clays course. Can anyone who has already traveled this path enlighten me on the real rules? I just assumed as the father of the minor it was understood what was happening or was this guy over the top? And my son was with me, forgot to add that.

He doesn't know what he's doing. Get someone else to help or go to another Atwoods, or another store all together lol.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lesson here, when at gun counter Shut Up

My roomate made a comment at Academy to another customer, snowflake employees took offense. Wont sell to my roomate, flagged him in their computer and because I have same address, wont sell a gun to me
Normally I would agree except in this case he was trying to fit a shotgun to his son so it was probably obvious what he was doing. Who knows what the employee was told about straw purchases except it probably ended with "no exceptions".

Latest posts

Top Bottom