Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Wes Perkins checking in from Tulsa. Been a long time lurker, so apologies for just now posting.

I am a Vet of the US Navy. Seen my time in Iraq, Kosovo, and Afghanistan. I am a contractor for the DoD, and member of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association. I have been shooting since shortly out of the womb. Grew up in Chouteau, OK near the water and had the pleasure of spending all my time outdoors. I have competed only once in my life and that was at a base competition during our annual firearms Quals in California. I shot extremely well that day and took first in Pistol. I have had the bug ever since to compete in anything, but due to my work schedule and everything else in life I never get the chance. Typically me and some buddies get out a few weekends when its nice and bust 500 clays or so with the shotguns. Other than that I get out every now and then with the rifles or pistols.

Wife and I finally got around to getting out SDA Licenses and thought it may be a good time to get out for some IDPA to sharpen skills, and maybe even get my wife excited about shooting. I'll be looking around and asking advise on competition in the area and hope to get out as much as possible. Limiting factor right now will be ammo and possibly time.
I just started college this semester and plan on majoring in Criminal Justice. I am a fly boy (though not a pilot) and my end up doing some border patrol stuff or any myriad of other things, though I may look first at becoming a LEO.

Look forward to meeting a lot of you and learning all I can, and have some serious fun while doing it.

R,

Wes Perkins

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey Wes, welcome to OSA. Thanks for your service to our country. Great that you are starting college. Good luck with the books.

Try some IDPA shooting. They are great folks and are really willing to help newcomers get through their first match.

Take care.

Geiner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. Just got registered in. Love the idea of OSA. I'm here in Oklahoma City and Just getting back into shooting. Also dragged my fiance into it. Didn't know at first how she was going to like it, but she took off. Went out and bought her own XD9 and now keeps "bothering" me to go to the range. Life is good!

L48Shark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
New member here, residing in Jenks. I grew up in a family indifferent towards firearms, so my exposure growing up was minimal despite having an interest myself. In the mid-90s, while a student at OSU, I enrolled in a riflery marksmanship course. (Did you know there was a range in the Gallagher-Iba Arena basement? =) ) It was easily the most enjoyable credit hours I ever earned, but afterwards I didn't pick up a gun again for many years. More recently I decided I needed something for home defense and purchased my first firearm, a Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly. Between recent range time with coworkers and much banter about weapons with my sons since we became fans of the Call of Duty series, I've since been learning quite a bit and taking an interest in shooting as a hobby. It seems there is much to learn, so I thought this forum would be a great resource. I have a purchase pending with a friend for a complete DPMS AR lower and will thus be in the market for an upper to complement it, but I will also be looking for a 10/22 and even a few BB guns to shoot and learn along with my little men. Aside from firearms and being a dad, I am a computer geek by trade and have been homebrewing for over a decade. Sláinte!

Latest posts

Top Bottom