Introducing the Glock 44!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a big rimfire fan that carries a G19, and lurks on OSA & other gun forums almost daily, how in the world did I just learn of this?

I'm not a Glock fanboy. In fact I enjoy shooting my G19 less than just about every handgun I own. Although I have tried several other carry options, I have always returned to the 19 for all of the practical options it offers. Therefore, I'm sure to be picking one up as a trainer.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be the biggest advocate for owning matched rimfire/centerfire pairs,,,
In fact, I currently own eleven such pairings,,,
Like my CZ-75B and CZ-75B Kadet.

If Glock would have come out with this even 6 years ago I would own one and a matching 19,,,
But now that I'm nearing retirement and not buying as many guns as before,,,
I'll pass and hope a range buddy buys one so I can shoot it.

Aarond

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Glock calling it a "compact" size, will that be the same as a 19 or 23? That may be okay for me. I'm not a big fan of the P22 or Mosquito since they are so small...

I put together a complete gun years ago with an AA slide conversion and an extra frame I had. I like the full size feel. The M&P 22 is full sized also...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As a big rimfire fan that carries a G19, and lurks on OSA & other gun forums almost daily, how in the world did I just learn of this?

I'm not a Glock fanboy. In fact I enjoy shooting my G19 less than just about every handgun I own. Although I have tried several other carry options, I have always returned to the 19 for all of the practical options it offers. Therefore, I'm sure to be picking one up as a trainer.
I don't know how you missed it. Every gun forum I visit seems to have a thread or three about the big announcement from Glock and the revelation of the G44 in .22LR.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So Glock calling it a "compact" size, will that be the same as a 19 or 23? That may be okay for me. I'm not a big fan of the P22 or Mosquito since they are so small...

I put together a complete gun years ago with an AA slide conversion and an extra frame I had. I like the full size feel. The M&P 22 is full sized also...
The G44 is the same size as the G19.

It is lighter in weight and unfortunately has a smaller magazine capacity, 10 rounds vs. 15 rounds, compared to the G19.

* The 15 round magazine capacity in the G19 is only available in the (somewhat) free states of America.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
They aren’t releasing them until Monday although they do have one for range rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom