Introducing the Glock 44!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t even running the slide back enough to extract it, much less eject it.
Wow, that's not good. I may just hold off a bit on getting one.
The Aquila SV should be running at 1000 +/- which is 100 under the stated fps, rather surprised it didn't have enough Umph..
It only had a few rounds when I had these results with the Aguila SV this time it would run some of the time on the SV. About 70%
runs "almost" without issue with CCI SV, much better than the Aguila SV. I had one FTE out of 50.

Could it be your changing out of the plastic sights maybe?.
This may be a factor. The stock gun ran the CCI Standard fine. And pucked less on the Aguila SV.
both guns seem the mostly likely place to have issues is after firing the first round. Like the extra tension against the slide may be slowing it down.

Hopefully after break in that changes.. Is the slide as easy to rack as you would think it to be for a .22 ?
Yes, it is as easy to run the slide as my others.

Both guns run CCI mini-mags 40g CPRN like a champ about 300 in the gun with sights, 100 with the stock gun. One failure to fire, but it was a good hit. Ammo..... it went of on the second hit. They both run Aguila High Velocity fine, but that is some smoky stuff.. I'm not interested. I've ran some CCI AR Tactical through it with no issues also. 40G, rated 35fps less than the Mini-mag. Slightly different profile on the copper plated bullet.

Both guns barf on Federal Premium Target (40g 1080). I need to try some Automatch that I think I have put back.

I'm going to weigh the sights for comparison to see how much weight is added.

I'd like for it to run reliably with SV ammo, I'm just not sure it will get close to 100% like it will with HV ammo.

I now have 1100 rounds through the primary gun and 300 through the stock gun.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was planning to hold off on this purchase... But... My son invoked the dad pays half on guns rule and got himself a G44 today. We found one in Tulsa at Action Arms for $359 they had 3 left when we left.

Ran over to @Cowcatcher place and we gave it a little break in. Between my son, CC and myself all shooting it. I would estimate it had well over 250+ rounds through it. I started with Golden Bullets. On the second mag I noticed it didn't want to feed. the first round was tipped down. My guess this was just to not being familiar with the magazines. I only had a single issue with actual feeding. It sent an Aquila Neckbeard almost strait up when loading the first round. This was probably 100 rounds in.

CC had a single Aquila not fire and it was struck. I put it back in it and it fired. So I am blaming that on ammo. Neckbeard is some stinky smokey stuff. We all commented when shooting into the wind that you had to let the smoke clear. I ran 4 types of ammo, Rem 36gr HP Golden Bullet, Aquila neckbeard 40gr HV, Federal 40gr Range pack 1200fps , and Some Eley CMP that is SV at 1090. Everything feed and cycled perfect other than a couple hickups early that I am going to say user error on mag loading. Then the one anomaly with the neckbeard.

I am an admitted Glock fanboy, but I gotta say I have a lot of 22lr pistols. If I could only have one. This gun takes the cake. Its probably because its a G19 size gun which is probably my all time favorite pistol. Regardless I would say we all enjoyed shooting it and it was pretty dang accurate. We were ringing steel at 10 yards pretty easily. Even took some shots at a big target at 100 yards and it was fun to hear it ding on occasion.

Attachments

• 20200125_162311.jpg
    20200125_162311.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it. But, I have a 100% stock gun to check.
I just heard from a friend that their two G44s are having issues with Federal Bulk 36g.

Let me get back with you in a bit. [emoji16]

I ran about 120 rounds of Federal Bulk 36 in mine this evening, along with a few other brands. Only thing I found was that twice, the top round in the magazine didn't tip up enough to enter the chamber correctly. I manually tilted the top round upwards then loaded, everything worked fine. All other brands functioned flawlessly.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anerigko ProDot front that is .140” wide. Dawson serrated Rear with .135” notch. The front takes up more space than it appears in the picture. About 1/2 the white space is eliminated. I run this combo at most matches and on a couple of carry Glock’s.
Thanks. I have a similar setup on my G19. Normal procedure to replace rear sight?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a similar setup on my G19. Normal procedure to replace rear sight?

Mad Professor helped me with an Ameriglo front sight for mine. We were going to put the rear from the Ameriglo Protector set on it as well but found you can push it on using finger strength only. Probably going to need a rear that has a set screw on some versions. At least on mine. I went back to the stock rear with blacked out white outline. Even it can be pushed using finger strength if you push hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom