Introducing the wife to .22 rifles…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to agree on the Marlin M-60. A blast to shoot and the tube load may slow her down. I have found some women do not like bolt or lever guns because they think it is complicated. Heck my wife will only shoot a revolver because she thinks a semi-auto is hard to use.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I may put in my vote for one of my favorite 22 bolts.
I don't know how old they are, but if you can find one, I'm a fan fan of the old Marlin model 25. They are 7 round magazine fed. Very accurate for me. Very economical too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is also the older Marlin 995 semi auto.
IMG_20211225_181502937.jpg

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s hardly anything more fun than a 10/22 with a lot of 25 round mags. Want to start with something cheap, go with a stock Ruger. Want to go nuts, build one. Want to start with a stock model and make little tweaks as you go? No problem, more aftermarket stuff for the 10/22 than anything out there, I’m guessing. You can build a 10/22 rifle without a single Ruger part. Once you start tweaking it’s hard to quit though.
I’ve got a CZ 457 and it’s awesome. Very pretty, nice adjustable trigger, great rifle. It usually gets left at home in favor of one of the 10/22s though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom