Introduction post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I already made a post about spiders, but I feel like it is appropriate to post an introduction.

I moved to OKC somewhere in September from Texas mostly because I have a bit of family here, and I got tired of truck driving especially after going through NYC. I'm learning to fit and weld pipes.

There's a lot of good information about all kinds of stuff which I really like.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! You'll have to tell the story sometime about driving a truck through NYC... I'm not a truck driver, but that still sounds like a bad idea to me...

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OK and OSA ('n stuff). We'd like to hear this truck driving story through NYC one of these days. Did you happen to check your grill for pieces of protestors after you got out of city limits? I remember after hitting a deer years ago I was picking out pieces for weeks.

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the hospitality.

NYC just had a lot more drivers that like to cut off trucks and speed off with a middle finger even by east coast standards, but I didn't appreciate the trucker that broke the electrical pigtail off of the trailer at a truck stop in Pennsylvania after leaving the city. I guess I took his favorite parking spot. I was hauling asphalt shingles to Long Island. The city is even worse than L.A. for truckers because you'd have to really drive some distance to find parking. The whole day was really driving in and out of the city.

I didn't ran into protestors. I thought they got tired by that point.

The pay wasn't bad. I was making about a thousand a week after taxes, and they put me in a pretty new 2020 Kenworth that had a fridge on my birthday. I also snagged a new 2020 Colt Python at a gun store. It was on the shelf for maybe half a week. So, 2020 was pretty good to me. I do realize that the year wasn't so great for a lot of people, but I like to see some good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom