Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'd add that you're also not really in a good position to determine whether it was a 'good shoot' immediately following the incident. While we all would like to believe we'd operate such that it was, being 'in the moment' doesn't really give most of us a good perspective on the matter. Were they fleeing? Was there an extra shot or two? Any number of things could have happened while you were focused on the 'threat'.

Plus, being able to keep your story straight 20 minutes post incident and again months later in court (criminal or civil) is tough. A good lawyer wont let you talk with the cops until you've calmed down and can give a statement with a clear head (or any attorney worth what you're paying them).

Correct. A LEO involved in a shooting gets several days off to settle down and obtain legal representation without being interviewed.
Keep your mouth shut and ask for representation if involved in a gun altercation.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there's a teenager with a stupid hairdo who is a friend of the deceased making a video after appearing to take a hit of something, rambling in a stoned manner explaining how they were 'hitting a lick on a plug' because one of the deceased had knocked up the getaway driver. her profile reveals her to already have 3 kids. lotta dumb selflies, sex memes, weed posts, loose grasp on grammar, etc

etc
Shocking.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's sure it was over property?

3 dudes, brass knuckles, driven there by a chick who knows the shooter by his first name. Sounds equally likely that they may have planned to give the shooter an ass whopping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It could have been a fat chick that was the wing woman of a hot chick that was hooking up with the home owners son and saw incidental loot that all thieves lust for to make a buck?
Dunno.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why you run suppressors. I can fire my 6.8 with a Saker out of my garage and not ring my ears. That's a 90gn bonded round out of an 11.3" barrel running very quick. Bad guy be damned.

I get that... but my concern with keeping the SBR and suppressor handy by the bed is that in NFA regs you are required to keep them reasonably locked up tight, I believe, right? So... not that I'd be worried about using one in a HD scenario, but if, God forbid, someone broke in and got it while I was out, I wasn't keeping it in the safe.

I suppose I could take it out of the safe each night before I go to bed (I'm not relying on having time to get into the safe in an invasion situation), but that's a PITA, too. Biometric locks on a small safe would help with that, but it's still another factor in slowing you down.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have actually considered that... but at the same time, being able to hear what is going on up until the point of firing I considered more important. Then there's the time factor... I figure I'll take my chances with the hearing loss. Hell, let's get real, with my stereo, I know I ain't concernin' myself wit' dat shite, anyways.
As a rock musician I'm already pretty far past having hearing damage already. I do what I can to protect what I have left tho. Always use ear plugs in band rehearsals, in-ear monitors at shows, etc. My mobile audio is pretty freakin stout but cant compare at all to those Marshall power amps in my guitar rig. I do keep a set of rubber earplugs laying out near where one of my HD pistols is kept at but honestly I doubt that would even be on my mind if someone was breaking in my patio, door whatever. No time to F around with that stuff.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that... but my concern with keeping the SBR and suppressor handy by the bed is that in NFA regs you are required to keep them reasonably locked up tight, I believe, right? So... not that I'd be worried about using one in a HD scenario, but if, God forbid, someone broke in and got it while I was out, I wasn't keeping it in the safe.

I suppose I could take it out of the safe each night before I go to bed (I'm not relying on having time to get into the safe in an invasion situation), but that's a PITA, too. Biometric locks on a small safe would help with that, but it's still another factor in slowing you down.
I don't interpret it that way. Constructive possession is pretty clear, depends on if you own under individual or trust I guess.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose I could take it out of the safe each night before I go to bed .

Do you take your phone and put it on the charger, do you set your alarm clock, your home alarm?

These things take seconds, why would you not pull your best bet out of the safe and put it at the ready next to you, is it really that much of a PITA? The answer is no, it doesn't take more time than flossing or plucking that annoying nasal hair. You've maybe made this a speed bump? Just a thought

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a rock musician I'm already pretty far past having hearing damage already. I do what I can to protect what I have left tho. Always use ear plugs in band rehearsals, in-ear monitors at shows, etc. My mobile audio is pretty freakin stout but cant compare at all to those Marshall power amps in my guitar rig. I do keep a set of rubber earplugs laying out near where one of my HD pistols is kept at but honestly I doubt that would even be on my mind if someone was breaking in my patio, door whatever. No time to F around with that stuff.
I have a 6.8 SPC II short barrel that will challenge any amp you have. Its a loud *****.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you take your phone and put it on the charger, do you set your alarm clock, your home alarm?

These things take seconds, why would you not pull your best bet out of the safe and put it at the ready next to you, is it really that much of a PITA? The answer is no, it doesn't take more time than flossing or plucking that annoying nasal hair. You've maybe made this a speed bump? Just a thought

Maybe so... but it's just one more thing to do. When right now, I keep two loaded pistols, a loaded 12g and a loaded AR already there. It's a solution looking for a problem - just to be able to use the suppressor. Sure, it's something, but it's not that big of a deal.

I also think using a suppressor in a situation like that could possibly open you up to more speculation from law enforcement, and I would bet the media circus would go into absolute "Election '16" pandemonium mode - that's a scrutiny I could do without.

<edit> And now that I think about it the AR I keep there is the one with the Rainier compensator on it that is loud as F00K. Everyone at the range always comes over to see, "What are you shooting, man?" I prolly oughtta choose a different one.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also think using a suppressor in a situation like that could possibly open you up to more speculation from law enforcement, and I would bet the media circus would go into absolute "Election '16" pandemonium mode - that's a scrutiny I could do without.

I think that would be good media and a reason to advance HPA. I wont shoot my ARs with out a can anymore, it just makes them better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom