Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad deal. Hate to hear of younger ones losing their lives. I have 3 teenage boys. I tell em all the time, if you play stupid games you will win stupid prizes. I also tell them that in most cases, all you have to do is nothing.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WELL I'LL BE DAMNED
I figured you would get a kick out of that 'new' tidbit of info. Like our sheriff said, this type of stuff is just that not that random out here like it is in town (Tulsa). A connection has been made. And the kid was alone, I had assumed from the news accounts that dad was there with him. Hmmm, 3 masked fellas with weapons vs one kid (with an AR) holding down the fort. I'm on the other side of the highway from this just a mile or so over and our 'hood (if you can call 6 figure plus homes the hood) is still in freak out mode. This has affected this whole area.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew it had to be more than just a random daytime burglary. You don't need three cats dressed in all black with masks, gloves and quiet weapons for a simple smash and grab.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after reading the newer info it seems this chick who planned the gone wrong caper is the real dope. She knew the homeowners son and the layout of the home. And, yes, knowing it was some really young guys does make it kind of sad even tho they F'd up really bad. The pics on TV of them they were some good lookin kids. Sad all around.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still submit this needs to be shown as an example to other "fine young men" who might be otherwise tempted. I am sorry for his family, and sorry he made a decision that someone else's property was more valuable than his own life.

It did make me realize that my home-defense setup needs some exercising, cleaning and updating of the ammo. I think I've got all FMJ range ammo in the AR, need to get something better for HD in there.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I still submit this needs to be shown as an example to other "fine young men" who might be otherwise tempted. I am sorry for his family, and sorry he made a decision that someone else's property was more valuable than his own life.

It did make me realize that my home-defense setup needs some exercising, cleaning and updating of the ammo. I think I've got all FMJ range ammo in the AR, need to get something better for HD in there.

You bring up a really good question. What are the good HD loads for the AR? I have not clue ... have two mags of 75gr TAP with my AR now but is that a "good" round for HD? Would a 60gr PSP be better?

Latest posts

Top Bottom