Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What i find somewhat difficult to realize, is why one if they are within the law-why should they obtain an attorney? It is an additional expense and unnecessary to run out and do that-unless the investigation finds underlying facts that don't support the story given. Then certainly one needs an attorney and the attorney needs the money-that way, everyone is happy-especially if the attorney gets the homeowner off without a prison sentence. To me it makes as much sense as if someone hits your car and you run out and get a lawyer even though the other guy has comprehensive insurance. Again, the lawyer needs the money and all the good lawyers are in Washington DC as we all know which leaves us the bad ones-actually the bad are in DC.
There, that ought to stir someone up. I obey the law so why do I need an attorney?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What i find somewhat difficult to realize, is why one if they are within the law-why should they obtain an attorney? It is an additional expense and unnecessary to run out and do that-unless the investigation finds underlying facts that don't support the story given. Then certainly one needs an attorney and the attorney needs the money-that way, everyone is happy-especially if the attorney gets the homeowner off without a prison sentence. To me it makes as much sense as if someone hits your car and you run out and get a lawyer even though the other guy has comprehensive insurance. Again, the lawyer needs the money and all the good lawyers are in Washington DC as we all know which leaves us the bad ones-actually the bad are in DC.
There, that ought to stir someone up. I obey the law so why do I need an attorney?

Because even a good shoot could leave you with a large legal bill.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because even a good shoot could leave you with a large legal bill.

i'd add that you're also not really in a good position to determine whether it was a 'good shoot' immediately following the incident. While we all would like to believe we'd operate such that it was, being 'in the moment' doesn't really give most of us a good perspective on the matter. Were they fleeing? Was there an extra shot or two? Any number of things could have happened while you were focused on the 'threat'.

Plus, being able to keep your story straight 20 minutes post incident and again months later in court (criminal or civil) is tough. A good lawyer wont let you talk with the cops until you've calmed down and can give a statement with a clear head (or any attorney worth what you're paying them).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say a good shotgun with No. 4 buckshot.

Perhaps, but it's pretty hard to argue with three subjects down on site. The AR is incredibly effective at close range, plus it's very easy to shoot.

Someone hitting your car isn't going to potentially send you to prison. Simply put, you are a victim in a compromised emotional state, dealing with professionals in a subject area which you most likely are not. That's not an ideal time to wing it solo. You may believe you're 100% in the right and guilt free, but a simple offhand comment or excited utterance might trigger doubt or suspicion in an investigator, which they will follow until they're satisfied. A good attorney can keep you on track and detect any turn in the questioning.

If nothing else, you need time to collect your thoughts and lower the stress level you're going to suffer in the aftermath.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like if that young man didn't defend himself, he would have been sliced up with his face caved in, and then left to die while all the valuables in the home were being pilfered. Of course I am speculating here, they were caught in the kitchen right, maybe they were just hungry and wanted a sammich?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to argue with the mighty 12 bore ... but some will argue which round is best. At the distances that I would use my 12ga at, a 27 pellet load (or 41 pellet load) of #4 would leave a mark. Heard good things about #1 too.
The 5.56mm is just easier for many folks to manage than a heavy recoiling 12 gauge. I have a Mini-14 rather than an AR, and it is much easier for both me and my better half to shoot than a 12 ga. Winchester PDX in 5.56mm is a good choice for HD, IMO.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's sure it was over property?

3 dudes, brass knuckles, driven there by a chick who knows the shooter by his first name. Sounds equally likely that they may have planned to give the shooter an ass whopping.

That is true, I will admit. I assumed robbery was the motive based on what we have been told and what the alleged driver has shared. Could be more (or less) to it. I don't know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom