IPSC Rifle Match - OKCGC - March 26th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever wanted to do action shooting with a rifle? Here's a competition for you. AR-15s will of course be the dominant firearm, but most centerfire semi-autos would be competitive in the hands of a skilled shooter.

From the match director, Mike Pinto:

That's right. An IPSC style rifle match at the OKCGC March 26th @ 9:00am. Sign in will start at 8:00 at the USPSA clubhouse and then we will proceed to the high-power/silhouette range directly at 9:00 to get going. We will then move back to our side of the range for the last 5-6 stages. We will shoot 7 or 8 courses of fire, close to 200 rounds (I might bring a few more) with ranges from a couple yards to possibly out to 550 yards. We will recognize Standard and Open for the match. Standard is iron sights only. The IPSC rules are posted here : https://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesRifle.pdf. This will be a fun and exciting match that will test all of your rifle shooting skills. You will get dirty, you will need a sling, you will have a blast!!! This won't be a track meet match, but it will be tough nonetheless.

Scoring will be Comstock. So that means no cumulative time scoring. Each stage will have a max points value as to not take someone completely out of the match for a malfunction or some other strange reason he/she has trouble on a stage. (You are welcome Jesse)

We will post stages early so you know what type of COF's will be involved for practice.. If you aren't familiar with shooting from the sitting and kneeling positions, might want to get there.

We will signup through practiscore and I will post the link just as soon as we have it all setup. I suspect this match will fill up pretty quick so keep your eye out for more information.

Mike

ETA : Registration Link - https://practiscore.com/ipsc-rifle-match-march-26th/register

Registration opens on:December 12, 2015 @ 12:00 PM

Last edited:

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are still 19 slots left. Let's fill this thing up. Central Oklahoma has very few and very infrequent practical rifle matches. This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is, or just have a great time shooting fast and dirty in a safe manner.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fixed the links. Let me know if you have any questions. Furthest shot will be 300 yards at a large IPSC target, otherwise the only main tough shots will be at 4" plates around 100 yards. Most targets will be within 40 yards.

IPSC rules place rifle into Standard or Open. Standard is iron-sights only. Open is for scopes and dot sights/magnifiers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom