Iranian Ship Sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If abortion is your only measure, you are less than shortsighted. Try doing some honest research.

So, are you saying that the US is good with abortion? Maybe you are shortsighted. I named one thing, which just happens to be the worst element that compares the US with other "regimes." There are more, but I didn't, and still don't, see a need to list each and every morally wrong "practice" in the US that makes others question our morality.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who’s morals?? Yours. it’s just a yes/no question. In your personal opinion, is there a moral equivalence? Yes or no.
Amazed that you guys can’t even answer the simple question.

I guess my answer just went right over your head.

As for that statement in bold, to me that is a favored tactic of the left. Nice try, but I don't respond to such statements with the answer that leftists want.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my answer just went right over your head.

As for that statement in bold, to me that is a favored tactic of the left. Nice try, but I don't respond to such statements with the answer that leftists want.

Your answer didn’t go over my head. I don’t care what your methodology is in determining your moral personal compass. Only need a simple answer based on whatever personal criteria you use in making moral decisions. For some reason, you don’t want to provide one & instead deflect by calling me a leftist, lol. If you believe I’m a leftist, you gotta be he dumbest guy on this forum. (Ok, maybe 3rd dumbest, cause there are a couple others on here….)

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, are you saying that the US is good with abortion?

No. Not even sure WTH (as in where) you even got that. Try re-reading what I said.

I named one thing, which just happens to be the worst element that compares the US with other "regimes."

Yes ... which is why I asked you if that was your only measure. You only named one thing. Had you clarified, I would not have had to assume, read your mind or make assorted wild fanny guesses as to what you were trying to say.

That said ... even with abortion on the table, the US is morally superior in part because we are not allowing God to be our realtor or general as the Islamists do.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be a utopian dream to get the world powers in a conference.

You sir are correct.

And as history has shown, it would not work and has never worked. The Islamists do not believe that they are bound to any “treaty” much less that they have to play nice with the world unless Mohammad gets back on his pony and comes down from land of “rivers of honey” to command them to. For the last 1,400 years, they have been on a jihad bender driven by a religious mandate to take Islam to every corner of the earth.

Mind numbing that anyone would be so obtuse to think that sitting around the table chatting about peace with the "true believers" of Islam is now going to work.

To point, that is the “liberal” way of thinking ... if we are “nice” to the Islamists and repent and promise never to “prop up” their governments, that the Islamists will play “nice” with the world. Barrack Hussien Obama channeled his inner Arthur Neville Chamberlain ... he gave them money and a copious number of hand jobs ... did that work? Not so much.

One can add any of a long list of profane words in front of “stupid” to describe that thought process. The only thing a true believer of Islam understands is hydrostatic shock.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your answer didn’t go over my head. I don’t care what your methodology is in determining your moral personal compass. Only need a simple answer based on whatever personal criteria you use in making moral decisions. For some reason, you don’t want to provide one & instead deflect by calling me a leftist, lol. If you believe I’m a leftist, you gotta be he dumbest guy on this forum. (Ok, maybe 3rd dumbest, cause there are a couple others on here….)

Yeppers...

...it went over your head.

My personal criteria is irrelevant, as is yours. God's moral values are what sets any standard, including mine.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Not even sure WTH (as in where) you even got that. Try re-reading what I said.

Yes ... which is why I asked you if that was your only measure. You only named one thing. Had you clarified, I would not have had to assume, read your mind or make assorted wild fanny guesses as to what you were trying to say.

That said ... even with abortion on the table, the US is morally superior in part because we are not allowing God to be our realtor or general as the Islamists do.

Then, perhaps instead of "assuming, reading one's mind, or making wild fanny(?) guesses," you should not try to categorize others as to their intent or beliefs. As for the abortion issue, I know you didn't bring it up, but abortion is a point which others in the world, including the US, judge the "moral values" of a society or country.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...it went over your head.

My personal criteria is irrelevant, as is yours. God's moral values are what sets any standard, including mine.

I wasn’t taking about Gods values. I was asking for your opinion. Since you won’t provide one, we can only assume that you consider Iran & US as having moral equivalence. I don’t, but based on your posts, you do. That’s the only outcome I can infer from your posts.

Substitute other countries for Iran. Using your standard, we can’t even say Communist China or Nazi Germany were less moral than the US.

Last edited:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then, perhaps instead of "assuming, reading one's mind, or making wild fanny(?) guesses," you should not try to categorize others as to their intent or beliefs. As for the abortion issue, I know you didn't bring it up, but abortion is a point which others in the world, including the US, judge the "moral values" of a society or country.

Or perhaps “others” could learn to write better so there is no guessing involved?

No doubt many judge moral character on infanticide ... but there are MANY other metrics to evaluate a person or country’s moral fiber. Iran may not sanction abortion but they are a brutal theocratic regime.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You never fail to underwhelm or disappoint with skirting questions. Carry on with your trolling.
There’s are few sayings that I like. It’s for the pompous pigeons. Like Reagan said it’s not that they don’t know a lot, it’s just what they know isn’t so. The other one is from Einstein, don’t argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom