Iranian Ship Sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sir are correct.

And as history has shown, it would not work and has never worked. The Islamists do not believe that they are bound to any “treaty” much less that they have to play nice with the world unless Mohammad gets back on his pony and comes down from land of “rivers of honey” to command them to. For the last 1,400 years, they have been on a jihad bender driven by a religious mandate to take Islam to every corner of the earth.

Mind numbing that anyone would be so obtuse to think that sitting around the table chatting about peace with the "true believers" of Islam is now going to work.

To point, that is the “liberal” way of thinking ... if we are “nice” to the Islamists and repent and promise never to “prop up” their governments, that the Islamists will play “nice” with the world. Barrack Hussien Obama channeled his inner Arthur Neville Chamberlain ... he gave them money and a copious number of hand jobs ... did that work? Not so much.

One can add any of a long list of profane words in front of “stupid” to describe that thought process. The only thing a true believer of Islam understands is hydrostatic shock.
I’m surprised someone with your keen insight hasn’t been asked to advise the State Department. Were you an employee of the Bush administration possiby?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn’t taking about Gods values. I was asking for your opinion. Since you won’t provide one, we can only assume that you consider Iran & US as having moral equivalence. I don’t, but based on your posts, you do. That’s the only outcome I can infer from your posts.

Substitute other countries for Iran. Using your standard, we can’t even say Communist China or Nazi Germany were less moral than the US.

You can think what you want as to what I consider, but don't be so sure that you are right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or perhaps “others” could learn to write better so there is no guessing involved?

No doubt many judge moral character on infanticide ... but there are MANY other metrics to evaluate a person or country’s moral fiber. Iran may not sanction abortion but they are a brutal theocratic regime.

Since we are into questions here, I have one for you...

...is it so much that some "others" could learn to write better, or could it be that some "others" learn to comprehend what they read?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can think what you want as to what I consider, but don't be so sure that you are right.

Again, I’m not sure based on your evasive answers. That’s why I asked the question. Do you think Communist China has moral equivalence with the US? That should be a no brainer, but I’m not sure you would answer this one either. Which would be astonishing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, I’m not sure based on your evasive answers. That’s why I asked the question. Do you think Communist China has moral equivalence with the US? That should be a no brainer, but I’m not sure you would answer this one either. Which would be astonishing.

Well, if I can actually astonish anyone, I'll simply say I'm not playing your game. You keep bringing up "moral equivalence," yet you've listed nothing yourself as to what makes any country "great" or "horrific." As for me, I've got better things to do than try to please you and Blue Heeler.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are into questions here, I have one for you...

...is it so much that some "others" could learn to write better, or could it be that some "others" learn to comprehend what they read?

You could learn from both. Remember, “a good mind is a terrible thing to waste”.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if I can actually astonish anyone, I'll simply say I'm not playing your game. You keep bringing up "moral equivalence," yet you've listed nothing yourself as to what makes any country "great" or "horrific." As for me, I've got better things to do than try to please you and Blue Heeler.

My criteria & your criteria are irrelevant. You can’t even give an opinion & deflect yet again about not playing a game, and skirt the issue. It is astonishing. I’ve never met anyone who thought Nazi Germany or Red China or Iran were not evil, immoral countries when compared to the US. Well, there’s always a first time for everything I guess. Mind boggling.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My criteria & your criteria are irrelevant. You can’t even give an opinion & deflect yet again about not playing a game, and skirt the issue. It is astonishing. I’ve never met anyone who thought Nazi Germany or Red China or Iran were not evil, immoral countries when compared to the US. Well, there’s always a first time for everything I guess. Mind boggling.

I'm tired of your inflections, especially so of things that I've NOT expressed an opinion on. Nowhere have I said anything of Nazi Germany or Red China or Iran as to their being evil or not. If you think that I have never expressed an opinion of them, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom