Iranian Ship Sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The relevance isn’t germane to my question. Just looking for your opinion on a simple question, that’s all. No big deal. Why can’t anyone answer it?

Just asking for a personal opinion. I don’t think there is an moral equivalence between US & Iran. Do you ?
What about Nazi Germany, N Korea, Cuba, or any other oppressive regime? Simple yes or no question.

Ok - since you earlier posted "oppressive regime" - no, I do not believe the others are anywhere close to our Republic, as designed. There's no other country that offers an individual the upward mobility (should he so choose) that ours does.

There seems to be a reluctance on many to criticize our actions, or to spotlight unpleasant realities of our government, however. I find this fascinating, since our founders created the United States with the idea that transparency and accountability by the citizens is paramount to honest government. They had no illusions that their creation was incorruptible - why should we?

Reactions: SMS

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if that’s a yes or no answer regarding Iran. You had to qualify your answer.
But, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, & assume you don’t think there is a moral equivalent between the 2 countries.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey no prob. If you want to think there is a moral equivalent, that’s fine. I don’t, but It’s a free country. I don’t have a prob with free expression.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey no prob. If you want to think there is a moral equivalent, that’s fine. I don’t, but It’s a free country. I don’t have a prob with free expression.

If you want to project ideas and credit me with beliefs out of thin air, that's cool too.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not out of thin air. Just inferred from your posts. Can only try to understand based on the info provided.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Terry.

It bothers me not what someone calls me. Knee-jerk reactions to Iran, Afghanis, etc...are simply a pet peeve of mine. Some folks just can't see the situation from another man's point of view, and that's just how it is. Trying to understand how we got where we are is a tall, uncomfortable order for a lot of people.

I get what you are saying on several points, but I think you are attributing a level of rationality to their thinking that doesn't exist. If they were atheists, or almost any religion outside of radical Islam, I think a solution might be possible. But with their jihad mentality, we're stuck with trying to maintain a slow boil vs explosion.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get what you are saying on several points, but I think you are attributing a level of rationality to their thinking that doesn't exist. If they were atheists, or almost any religion outside of radical Islam, I think a solution might be possible. But with their jihad mentality, we're stuck with trying to maintain a slow boil vs explosion.

Are we talking about Iranians, or just Middle East inhabitants in general?

And as for your last sentence, why should we be maintaining anything over there?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are we talking about Iranians, or just Middle East inhabitants in general?

And as for your last sentence, why should we be maintaining anything over there?

Primarily Iran and by extension Hamas. We have to be there because we don't want a people that believes they get an extra helping of virgins in heaven if they kill us to get a nuclear button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom