Irrational Gun Pet Peeves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
At the indoor range, there are dividers between each stall. Most people stand as far forward in the stall as possible, so that their arms and handgun extends in FRONT of the divider. You catch brass from sometimes as far to the left of you as four or five stalls.

Yea ,I am guilty of this!! Was beating a lane neighbor up at Wishire Gun a couple Sundays ago!!! I could tell he was annoyed at me but he kept his cool LOL.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea ,I am guilty of this!! Was beating a lane neighbor up at Wishire Gun a couple Sundays ago!!! I could tell he was annoyed at me but he kept his cool LOL.

This is why I don't do indoor ranges. Plus the fact that I have someone I don't know firing next to me with only a thin metal barrier that will do little in the case of an accidental discharge.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I don't do indoor ranges. Plus the fact that I have someone I don't know firing next to me with only a thin metal barrier that will do little in the case of an accidental discharge.

You mean like when I was shooting at Big Boys with a buddy today and the guy who was two lanes over shooting an AR-15 (one of those fully semi-automatic assault weapons you load a lot of bullets in with a high capacity clip-thingy) at 5 yds (yes, you heard me; 5 yards; seated too, by the way) could have accidentally kilt us if he shot through the barrier that was between us? Well; we were probably safe cause there was actually TWO of those barriers between us in real.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue I take with your statement is that if we allow the opposition to redefine words and phrases at will, then there is no point to debating them or trying to discuss at all.

I don’t make a huge deal about it, but there is a correct term. And the media and high profile leftists saying so doesn’t make it so.
The only debate is whether of not military weapons are protected. The 2a says yes they are. Period, end of debate.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State. No one but an idiot can argue that the founding Fathers intended for the defense of the Nation be fought with Muskets.

Any other argument, is stupid and pointless

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

So you feel safer in out door ranges where there are generally set up just like the indoor ranges only maybe no barriers or little to no range control.
Any range can get you shot has zero to do with in or out of doors.
My G20 was hitting the fellow in lane 12 ,I was in lane 8. So I stepped back to fix the issue and he no longer caught my hot brass. Also stepped up the slide return spring to tame that 10mm full power ejection flight!!

But by all means don't use in door ranges, free world, but I shoot Sunday mornings whether it be 9 degrees out or 99!!Just saying LOL :cool::tounge2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue I take with your statement is that if we allow the opposition to redefine words and phrases at will, then there is no point to debating them or trying to discuss at all.

I don’t make a huge deal about it, but there is a correct term. And the media and high profile leftists saying so doesn’t make it so.
THAT is entirely the point. The more they say it, Trump Collusion, the more people believe it. To combat it you have to get onto them on every instance. Write emails, comment on their blogs, letters to the editor, call into NPR shows and lie to get put on the air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom