Irrational Gun Pet Peeves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The range I go to each bay is separated by 15-20 ft berms and are at least 30 ft wide for the 25 yard ranges and 50 ft wide for the 50 yard ranges. They do have some that are side by side like indoor ranges but I don't use those. The only time I have someone within 30 ft of me is when I go with a friend. So no, I don't have to worry about the bay next to me.
Nice sounding range!:cool: Are you there every week. Range I use is 5 minutes from the house and while I am there most Sundays sometimes I can sneak a week day in there as well. Extremely convenient.
I do go to an outdoor range when I can make a day of it but that is a 45 minute drive one way. Either way you have to watch the yahoos.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice sounding range!:cool: Are you there every week. Range I use is 5 minutes from the house and while I am there most Sundays sometimes I can sneak a week day in there as well. Extremely convenient.
I do go to an outdoor range when I can make a day of it but that is a 45 minute drive one way. Either way you have to watch the yahoos.

Not every week, especially this year due to many things needing to get done. Last year I was there almost every week up until about April of this year. The only thing that stops me is rain. Cold nor heat bother me too much as I work in that environment, so its just another day for me.

And I'm not saying that outdoor is better than indoor, just saying why I choose not to use an indoor range. Plus you add in the floating lead, increased noise levels, and smelling your neighbor if they are not of the clean variety, just not my caliber. Same thing with striker fire vs DA/SA. I prefer DA/SA. A lot of people prefer striker. To each their own.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer outdoor ranges. Not a big crowd person mainly. Confined spaces with too many folks at indoor ranges is probably my issue.
I’ve seen problem folks at both indoor and outdoor venues.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for showing that clip feeding the internal magazine. Should help with any confusion.

Actually, the clip is what holds the rounds in place inside the Garand until the rifle is empty, then the clip is ejected. It performs the same function as a “magazine” but as you know, its proper name is “en bloc clip.” Other rifles such as the Springfield Model 1903 do have an internal magazine that can be fed with rounds singly - or from a stripper clip ;)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the clip is what holds the rounds in place inside the Garand until the rifle is empty, then the clip is ejected. It performs the same function as a “magazine” but as you know, its proper name is “en bloc clip.” Other rifles such as the Springfield Model 1903 do have an internal magazine that can be fed with rounds singly - or from a stripper clip ;)

Don't forget the stripper clip for M16/M4/AR15 mags, still the fastest way to reload a mag.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the instance of the M1 Garand, I wouldn't say that the en block clip performs the same function as a magazine. It is just a clip until inserted into the rifle then it acts as a part of the internal magazine. Its function becomes part of the magazine housing holding the ammo and providing the feed ramps that the internal spring and follower work in conjunction with to feed the rifle. Once ejected its still a clip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom