Is .22 ammo back? (Found .22lr with high purchase limit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a great deal of .22 LR available for from 5.5 to 9 cents per round depending upon the specific type/brand of ammo...also noticed that bulk packs have started reappearing with regularity and remaining on the shelves for a day or two before disappearing. I'm not sure if that is because the supply of bulk packs has actually gone up or because the overall price drops have made it less profitable for the neckbeards and so they aren't scarfing up the bulk packs with their usual vigor.

Probably some of both....

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cabelas had a whole bunch of 325 Federal bricks for $21.99 but 500 Thunderbolt brick for $34.

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier this week Academy on 240 and Walker had an ample supply of 22lr. Everything from bricks of (relatively) cheap stuff to CCI Mini Mags. There was still plenty left after I picked out my purchase.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in I-240 Academy yesterday.......plenty of 22lr on the shelf in 50 & 100 rd boxes - Winchester, CCI, Remy, Aguila. Even saw a Remy GB bucket on the shelf. Also saw an old guy heading to the register with 2 buckets. I've had plenty so it's been a long time since I looked for it.....but it seems to be out there now.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the high velocity Aquila stuff; no issues with it in either .22 pistols or rifles for me. Not much cheaper than CCI Mini mags, but if it's available and CCI isn't, then that's what I'll buy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I travel to the okcgc on weekends to shoot matches, so on the way home I have a route to follow looking for .22 to make the next match. The Walmart in Edmond on I35 never has any. The academy in Edmond always has .22. Going through Stillwater, the west Walmart sometimes has it with a 3 box limit.
The stilly academy always has ammo, and it's now on the shelf with the rest of the ammo. No limit.
Ponca City Walmart hasn't had .22 that I've seen on the shelf for coming on 2 1/2 years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom