Is a Beretta 21A Bobcat safe to carry cocked and locked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be not much of a consensus on this and if you read the owners manual youd think beretta prefer you not even shoot the darn thing so I was curious. Is it safe to carry cocked and locked or should it be carried hammer down or quarter cocked?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm Don't know about that, I have one that I bought for my wife but she nor I ever "carried: it. If I remember I'll get it out tonight and see what I can figure out. Think I would prefer something else to carry tho, I carry a Kimber 45

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one awhile back, and wish I still did, it was a fun little gun. Mine was the INOX model; nice looking little Beretta, but I foolishly traded it off for something else...If I still had it, and was gonna carry it, I'd be like GOML and carry it safety off, and go DA for the first shot.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just me, but I would never carry a pocket gun cocked and locked. I agree with GOML that I would be comfortable with safety off DA.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 21 can be carried cocked and locked but I find the safety to small for my to hit it every time. I do like my little 21a though I added crimson trace grips and now it's my go everywhere pistol.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm Don't know about that, I have one that I bought for my wife but she nor I ever "carried: it. If I remember I'll get it out tonight and see what I can figure out. Think I would prefer something else to carry tho, I carry a Kimber 45
I just know in other threads they talked about their being a free float firing pin and the safety being a hammer safety only. I just like the gun because at 10-15 yards I can get on targert with point shooting and shoot it fairly quickly and still hit a man size target. When using the sights I can do 3 inch groups all day. The mild 22lr in a 12 oz pocket pistol is so easy to shoot.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 21 can be carried cocked and locked but I find the safety to small for my to hit it every time. I do like my little 21a though I added crimson trace grips and now it's my go everywhere pistol.
That is good to know. I found a thread on some other forum from like 5 years ago and many people said it wasnt safe to carry cocked and lockes which I did not get since Beretta gave you the option. Something about the safety being only a hammer drop safety only.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one awhile back, and wish I still did, it was a fun little gun. Mine was the INOX model; nice looking little Beretta, but I foolishly traded it off for something else...If I still had it, and was gonna carry it, I'd be like GOML and carry it safety off, and go DA for the first shot.
Yeah just some other threads that were from less than reliable people from about 5-8 years (i cant remember actually) ago talking about how the safet was only a hammer block and how the firing pin could let one lose. Idk, their other posts from that time didnt instill a lot of confidence in me as they said some very cliche things that even I knew were just dumb. It wasnt an OSA thread and like I said some of their other posts were kind of silly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom