Is airgun practce any benefit for uspsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
shooting air guns because I like it.... that's why I prefaced my answer about not being familiar with uspsa.

but have loads of experience with air guns in general. have been deep into air guns long before firearms. got a safe full of air guns, which can easily cost same as firearms.

trigger time on air guns can be transferable to firearms. it's important to select airgun that have characteristics of firearms you are shooting. with weight and trigger being most important. nice if you are able to duplicate grip too.

here's a pic of my IZH 46M 10 meter pistol with a holosight with trigger set to 6oz.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_izh46m.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_izh46m2.JPG

Are you shooting air guns to get practice for bullseye or what type of competiton?

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought an airsoft from Manny a couple of years ago. The green gas is about $14 a bottle but Manny sold me an adapter that fits the Coleman propane bottles that will charge the mags on the airsoft. You need to put some silicone lube with the propane(which Manny also sells) to make the gun work correctly since the propane isn't lubed like the green gas is. I think the propane is $3-4 a bottle. I don't use the BB's with the gun I just put a piece of toothpick in the mag release so it will cycle the slide. I use it mainly to watch the slide cycle on splits and transitions.
G

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse and Chris - is this the gun? http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-WE-HiCapa-51.htm

There is a great review of this gun on that page with tons of pictures and details. Looks really cool and a good price also.

B

That is the one Blutch. The propane conversion is basically just a plastic nozzle that fits on the end of a camp propane canister and allows you to fill magazines. You add a drop or two of silicone lube every few magazines onto the valve of the propane canister to keep the gun lubed.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B,

There is and M&P replica gun that you can buy from academy that is like $50. I got one when I first started playing around with this stuff. It is not a blowback postol, and it does run on C02 cartridges as well.

I wouldn't recommend it. The trigger is like 8 lbs and terrible, there is no recoil. And for about $50-70 more, you can get a propane blowback gun (I realize that is a lot, but they really are apples and oranges).

Agreed. I too picked up one of those M&P replicas. Only about 1 out of 6 shots flies straight. I also picked up the Sig 226 Spring gun at Academy. It shoots very straight. Built a backstop out of pvc and a canvas paint drop cloth and use the dirty bird targets. The grandkids love it. They've been shooting in the garage through the winter.

Looks like after reading about the WE Hi-cap 5.1, I'm going to have to get one for myself to have the feel of a real gun. Sounds fun.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to make some of those smaller IPSC targets for close-range airgun practice like those on the Bam airgun site. Is there any place where you can download the patterns? I know I could just buy them, but I'm cheap. :-)

B

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered if practice with good quality air pistol provided much benefit for competition over dry firing? I live in an area where I could shoot a pellet or bb gun easily when I couldn't go to the range.

Any time spent practicing sight picture, breath control and trigger pull is invaluable!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to make some of those smaller IPSC targets for close-range airgun practice like those on the Bam airgun site. Is there any place where you can download the patterns? I know I could just buy them, but I'm cheap. :-)

B

Try this Targetz.com The half size targets that are made for airsoft like these, Target Barn Half size targets are not as thick as the standard IPSC targets but much thicker than paper so they help knock down the BB's a bit so they don't go flying through and ricochet around the garage. They are also tough enough to be tapped with pasters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom