1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is an electronic copy enough?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Sturgell, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Sturgell

Sturgell Sharpshooter

If you keep an electronic copy with you is that enough to satisfy the law? A PDF on a phone would be a lot easier than a paper copy.

2. aviator41

aviator41 Sharpshooter

Electronic copy of what? what law?

little more info would be good.

3. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Since it is in NFA section, he is probably asking about his NFA Stamp. I can't answer that question accurately. You could easily shrink a copy and print it off to carry in your gun case.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Don't know about NFA, but I keep a copy of my ODW hunting/fishing license in my phone, along with the insurance certs for each vehicle.

5. hk33

hk33 Sharpshooter

There is no law that requires you to keep your form 4 or even a copy of it with you. However, most people keep a copy with them to avoid any issues. All my original forms are at the bank in my safe deposit box. I just keep copies with me.

So the short answer is an electronic copy is more than what is required.

6. Sturgell

Sturgell Sharpshooter

Yes I was meaning Form 1/4's, I was just under the impression that they everyone carried them around because it was required.

7. Bhargrin

Bhargrin Sharpshooter

I agree, I keep a notebook with all copies, I have had run ins with law enforcement. Having copies on hand made for an easy time. Even with those officers who doesn't know their law as well as their inflated heads thinks they do.

8. aviator41

aviator41 Sharpshooter

Sorry, didn't occur this was posted in the NFA section. I got here from "new posts" feature and passed that over. sorry.

9. Wormydog1724

Wormydog1724 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I keep a folder in my truck, one in each of my gun bags, one in my hunting bag, and one in my safe with copies of all of my stamps. Original stamps and my original trust are in a safety deposit box. I've been stopped once with my SBR and can in the passenger seat, mag inserted with chamber empty. The sheriff asked if I had the proper paperwork to own it and I said yes do you want to see it? He said sure and walked around and opened my passenger door and started finger f&cking my gun. He thought I was offering to see my gun. Which wasn't a big deal except the can was still burning hot from doing a few mag dumps about 10 minutes prior. I warned him the can was hot but he didn't seem to hear me over his excitement. After 10 minutes of BS'ing in the classifieds, I mean, BS'ing he let me go. Made me late for dinner though.

Can I get a cool story bro?

10. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Cool story Bro!