Is Anybody Else Feeling Sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I'm from here and have some allergies. However, when I did an 8 year stint in Utah and Cali, I had zero issues.

Same here. Raised in Oklahoma, asthmatic with allergies since I was born. Moved to Alaska and it struck me about day #8 that I could actually breathe the air without any kind of distress. Came back here and within a month it was back to the same old struggle.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. Raised in Oklahoma, asthmatic with allergies since I was born. Moved to Alaska and it struck me about day #8 that I could actually breathe the air without any kind of distress. Came back here and within a month it was back to the same old struggle.

Oh if i visit back in Oregon in May, the cotton wood there does it to me, also the beach for some reason, the pampass grass fudges me up, but even the cottonwood here in OK doesn't affect me as bad as in Oregon.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Spring and fall flonase junkie every year. Been taking vitamins and Emergen C everyday before heading to work...........Construction sight is not shut down, So being hyper vigilant about disinfecting everything. Headache and itchy eyes as usual but staying away from friends and family as much as possible just in case. I rarely get ill so worried about "what if I have it with no symptoms"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I'm from here and have some allergies. However, when I did an 8 year stint in Utah and Cali, I had zero issues.

Our home is ringed with Eastern Red Cedar. Every spring wife and I have sniffles, etc. When we would go to work (no cedars) sinuses would clear up for the day. Getting home every evening, the sniffles would come back.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have some positives. If you are having respiratory illness right now, then assume it IS COVID-19.

I had a positive show up I saw in the clinic on Friday the 13th. What this tells me is it has been widespread and passing through the community well before our first reported case.

What it also tells me is that people are getting better. It is more widespread than we thought, but LESS deadly in a healthy population with good access to care, nutrition, etc.

Don't panic, but assume you HAVE been exposed. Everyone in my clinic has been exposed and we have 2 doctors out, one which has mild symptoms, one who was sick last week but recovered well in 4-5 days and then came back to see patients, all before we knew the first case was positive.

So...remain vigilant, but RELAX.

And someone pass this on, if you can, I'm swamped here and don't have time to crosspost.

Hang in there, folks, we will get through this, but I am ENCOURAGED by the fact there is a lot more of this out there than we knew about. Hang in there, Oklahoma!

Pretty sure it already worked its way through my family in mid-February. I came down with what I thought was a weird cold. Low fever, no sniffles, terrible cough, chest pains. Doc said it was just a virus, to ride it out. Both parents travel with MLF, flew back from the Alabama tournament, went to Florida a week-ish later with the exact same symptoms. Same crazy cough and low fever, no sniffles. Nephew had it, different dr gave him the same advice I got. Random virus, let it run its course. I hadn't had contact with them since xmas, but was doing a lot of public work, shaking hands, meeting people and junk here in a military town. The possibility didn't even occur to us until the family vacation over Spring break when the emphasis on symptoms hit the news. You're absolutely right doc, it's been here far longer than they say it has.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got one thing right. So far the death toll and rate is being lowered all over the world because they were counting people who died of other causes but had the virus, as dying from the virus. Now that the panic is dying down real facts are starting to become clear. Yes it is a pandemic, no it is not nearly as bad as the media painted it to be.

Or, the 'it's not as bad' is also a measure of the effectiveness of countermeasures, such as social distancing. The world is taking extraordinary steps to counter this, so it's very difficult to separate the things (though we can still look to places that failed to react and see the problems they've had).

And most all of the efforts to flatten the curve have been aimed as spreading out the load on the medial system to reduce deaths from secondary causes, IIRC, not from just from the virus itself. As a doctor friend of mine said early on, 100% of people may get it. 1% will die. It's steps we take now that determine what happens to the remaining 19%. It's never been strictly about the virus, but the problems the virus creates.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, the 'it's not as bad' is also a measure of the effectiveness of countermeasures, such as social distancing. The world is taking extraordinary steps to counter this, so it's very difficult to separate the things (though we can still look to places that failed to react and see the problems they've had).

And most all of the efforts to flatten the curve have been aimed as spreading out the load on the medial system to reduce deaths from secondary causes, IIRC, not from just from the virus itself. As a doctor friend of mine said early on, 100% of people may get it. 1% will die. It's steps we take now that determine what happens to the remaining 19%. It's never been strictly about the virus, but the problems the virus creates.

Sorry but the media is still trying to hype it, and blame it on Trump. Yes all those things male a difference but you know as well as I, if it bleeds, it leads.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but the media is still trying to hype it, and blame it on Trump. Yes all those things male a difference but you know as well as I, if it bleeds, it leads.

This "conspiracy" against Trump argument is ridiculous. Italy shut down their country because Trump. Look i like the guy in most cases, but he ****ing whiffed this one..... Big time. He is the CHIEF, he had the power to make CDC do a good job and failed in spectacularly miserable fashion.

Countries are not shutting borders and shutting their economies down as a ****ing conspiracy against Trump. Trump can destroy our economy without coronavirus too.... Realize that.

Where is all the American manufacturing he was to bring back? I havent seen any shred of evidence that **** all that matters have returned. In the 90's we had 60,000 + manufacturing facilities, by the mid 2000's less than 15,000 and we still have under 15,000 today in 2020, three years of Trump and not a single N95 manufacturer that was in China is back in America, not a single pharmaceutical manufacturer is back in America..... His rhetoric is just that so far, rhetoric. Every big deal he touted has blown up, no factories built.

Wake me up when my cell phone is made in America and pays living wages to manufacture....I will wait.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom