Is Anybody Else Feeling Sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both the wife and I have...something. We don't know if it's a bad cold, the flu, or this damn virus. But we sure are being careful. I hope everyone here is staying safe, and has adequate food/essentials to get them through this current situation.
I had 4 surgeries last fall, after being in the hospital for 4 days with sepsis brought on by a UTI. I was told it would take several months to get over that. Sepsis: It sure takes its toll on you. It beat me up. It's the proverbial "I got hit by a Mack Truck" thing. That, plus being in my 60's, puts me at risk now I suppose. But I'm tougher'n a two-dollar steak, it's my wife I'm more worried about right now. It's the fact that I can't get her taken care of like I could just a few short weeks ago should she get worse that worries me. I am scared of the long term impact of this whole thing, the health crisis, and the societal crisis as well. Even when this passes, our "normal" will never be what it was.

I miss my friends and family. Please, everyone, take care of yourselves. I'd like to see us able to get back to having our ENS; our get togethers. Prayers for us all seems like a good thing right now.

I live SW of Piedmont on NW Highway. If you need anything I'm probably not that far. Just let me know. I can drop off at your doorstep if need be

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I've got some allergy sinus crap going on like I do every year. Slight occasional fever, drainage, slight cough due to drainage, stopped up nose and itchy eyes. Last night I had to spray some nasal decongestant up my nose to breath and to use my CPAP. No chest problems just couldn't get air up the nose. Of course, the first thought was oh crap I got the beer virus but realized it probably wasn't. I'm 71 and in great health so I think I could make it through the Covid19 if I got it, fingers crossed.
To anyone with allergies I strongly recommend this. I use it about 50% of the time because I forget and it just works that well. Cost is very little and a bottle will last me several months.
flonase-allergy-24hr-60-sprays-0.34oz-_otc_.jpg

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking. I honestly think I had Covid 19 in November and we hadn't even heard of it then. I have NEVER had a cough like that. I went to my Dr, and while Im waiting in the exam roomm, I broke into a coughing fit. The Dr. heard me from across the hall with doors closed. So when he came in, no more explanation was needed. It was awful and I think I cracked some ribs coughing.
Now that you mention it my daughter son in law and myself was sick the same way around the end of the year with the same symptoms

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking. I honestly think I had Covid 19 in November and we hadn't even heard of it then. I have NEVER had a cough like that. I went to my Dr, and while Im waiting in the exam roomm, I broke into a coughing fit. The Dr. heard me from across the hall with doors closed. So when he came in, no more explanation was needed. It was awful and I think I cracked some ribs coughing.

No kidding, my whole family had something odd in Jan/Feb. The kiddos tested negative for both Strep and Flu. Sent home and told it's some nasty virus going through so treat the symptoms. No runny nose but I damn near cracked my ribs coughing so much.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
February I had upset stomach. Had me down for a while. Then March 11th I came down with a cold. Just about back to normal today. I never come down with anything. Better than the China flu.

Latest posts

Top Bottom