Is Anybody Else Feeling Sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are doing fine with exception of the cedar pollen. We have the sniffles every year about this time. We have a month of canned goods, and a freezer full of meat so no need for any trips to town. Just about everything is available online, and we are doing our part to keep the delivery services busy. Everything arriving gets a good spray down with alcohol.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have some positives. If you are having respiratory illness right now, then assume it IS COVID-19.

I had a positive show up I saw in the clinic on Friday the 13th. What this tells me is it has been widespread and passing through the community well before our first reported case.

What it also tells me is that people are getting better. It is more widespread than we thought, but LESS deadly in a healthy population with good access to care, nutrition, etc.

Don't panic, but assume you HAVE been exposed. Everyone in my clinic has been exposed and we have 2 doctors out, one which has mild symptoms, one who was sick last week but recovered well in 4-5 days and then came back to see patients, all before we knew the first case was positive.

So...remain vigilant, but RELAX.

And someone pass this on, if you can, I'm swamped here and don't have time to crosspost.

Hang in there, folks, we will get through this, but I am ENCOURAGED by the fact there is a lot more of this out there than we knew about. Hang in there, Oklahoma!
Excellent advise. Thanks a bunch. You stay well!!

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To anyone with allergies I strongly recommend this. I use it about 50% of the time because I forget and it just works that well. Cost is very little and a bottle will last me several months.
flonase-allergy-24hr-60-sprays-0.34oz-_otc_.jpg
I already use it. A couple years ago an allergy doctor had me try Mupirocin Ointment USP, 2%, take a little dab of it in each nose once a day. I tried it and it works to clear my stuffiness but I use it sparingly as it's by prescription only. I also don't want it to stop working by using it too much. When he suggested it I thought he was crazy but it does work. According to the allergy doctor I have hay fever syndrome.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, never heard of it
It's normally used for MRSA sore treatment and MSRA is in the nose so maybe that's why it helps. Allergy doctor said it helped many of his patients. I think the pollen irritates the lining of the nose/sinus which gets infected and stopped up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live SW of Piedmont on NW Highway. If you need anything I'm probably not that far. Just let me know. I can drop off at your doorstep if need be

Thank you! I've had several folks POM me and offer the dame thing; doesn't surprise me, this is OSA after all. I'll holler if I need help, but we're pretty well stocked up on chow, and aren't eating much anyway right now.

To anyone with allergies I strongly recommend this. I use it about 50% of the time because I forget and it just works that well. Cost is very little and a bottle will last me several months.
flonase-allergy-24hr-60-sprays-0.34oz-_otc_.jpg

I use this stuff; two squirts, let it sit in your nose a bit and it reduces the swelling or something so you can actually breathe.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my work has put me on 14 days house arrest since noon today after wife called me and told me the daughter, which has had a fever the last couple of days, got quarantined today by putting a call to the doc they dont know what she has but said better safe than sorry.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every winter I end up with a runny nose, but it is only relate to keeping the house at 65 and exhaling moisture that my big schnoz condenses.

If I cough it's related to my meds and acid reflux. I'm not imune to everything, though. I had a bout of diarrhea about 3 weeks ago. A few doses of 2 year out-of-date Pepto Bismol took care of it in less than 12 hours. (I bought some new Pepto that should see me through for the next 6 years.)

So far the Misses and I have been symptom free. We say prayers for everyone who has been infected and those in a tight financial spot due to the hype and panic over this.

All that said, I have a hard time getting on board with the hype and panic. If Congress can't take this seriously - attested by their haggling and special interest pet projects they keep trying to add to the "stimulus" - then neither can I. If it were to be a clean bill, then there might be some actual concern on their part.

Fortunately, we always keep well stocked, eat a well balanced diet, stay trim, and won't be adding to the panic.

Woody

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss my friends and family. Please, everyone, take care of yourselves. I'd like to see us able to get back to having our ENS; our get togethers. Prayers for us all seems like a good thing right now.
Hunker down and get well, my friend. Take care of yourself and the little woman and we'll be having another Rimfire Jamboree before you know it. The rest of you reprobates take care as well!! There are a lot of good people on OSA and we can't afford to lose any more of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom