Is anyone around here a bicycle expert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years (decades, actually), I've wanted to build a full-sized electric (pedal) bike. Planned to put a couple of deep cycle marine batteries in saddlebags, and possibly use a variable-speed trolling motor to (friction?) drive it.

So many projects, so little time...
:drunk2:
___

STS11

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For years (decades, actually), I've wanted to build a full-sized electric (pedal) bike. Planned to put a couple of deep cycle marine batteries in saddlebags, and possibly use a variable-speed trolling motor to (friction?) drive it.

So many projects, so little time...
:drunk2:
___
Here is mine 1500 watt mid drive motor, 13.5 amp 52 volt battery, Montague Paratrooper folding

1636673296553.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted one of those electric bikes but fear the Chinese made ones because of cheap material.I could be wrong but I still have a concern regarding the qualify of Chinese products. There is a guy at the OKC VA who silently cruises up to the hospital and parks his electric bike, I don't know him but that bike is a classic. I've seen Whizzer bikes on Craigslist in the past at a reasonable cost. I have a 2010 Honda Elite 110 with 1400 miles on it that still looks new but it'd still be nice to have an electric bike.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're sticking with two wheels, might check out some tadpoles from this place. Again not sure if this place is still open, but worth a phone call.
Oklahoma Recumbent Road Bikes DBA Oklahoma Recumbent Trikes & Bikes in Lexington, OK offers comfortable bikes.
Oklahoma Recumbent Bikes and Trikes is still very much alive. I was in the place this morning. Their mechanic (Frank) is a big advocate of electric assist (the entire staff rides some kind of electric assisted recumbent). Good people all around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom