Is anyone else tired of the "My pistol isn't accurate" threads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@aarondhgraham is right. I've taught hundreds* of shooters over the years. It's the Indian not the arrow....

*and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.

I would LOVE to spend some time under your instruction. There's only one really legitimate source near me that I know of for quality instruction, and we have now lost the only indoor range available to us!

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like golfers that blame their clubs, balls, tees, etc.

Like fisherman that blame the rod, reel, bait, guide, etc.

Archers blame the bow, the arrow, the sights, etc.

In almost every case, it’s the operator not the machine / equipment. Blaming the machine / equipment is what keeps a lot of companies in business though!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was qualifying years ago for our yearly. I was in the last lane and was listening to the range officer as he got to each shooter. He said, "You're ok." "You're ok." "You're ok." "You're ok." When he got to me he said, "You're deadly." Like I said it's been a lotta years and no practice since then.

One point, I have never carried a gun with adjustable sights.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first step towards total enlightenment is knowing when it really IS the pistol!.......
Or as a great man once said "Aim high right and jerk the sh*t out of it!" 😆
I knew a guy with a Colt revolver that seemed like only he could hit anything with it.
Come to find out, the front sight had to be held HIGH, with entire front sight up out of the rear sight groove.
He said once he found that out it was O.K. because it made it easier to watch the front sight.
I thought it was crazy back then but it worked out for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom