Is anyone old enough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what a 2 cu foot bag of potting soil weighs? The doc and wife were asking me how much I was lifting when it tore and I guesstamated around 50 lbs.

When I looked it up online 2 cu foot is listed as roughly 125 lbs which seems high to me, to 160 lbs for 2 cu feet of dirt which I know is way to high.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They where only dangerous when someone got hurt....lol
My recollection is that we hurt more of our peers throwing these than we did throwing lawn darts.

1651017028588.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
125 pounds, no way. Fifty maybe. I wish I were that strong 💪🤣 I hauled 50 to my garden last year.
Yea I could bench press 325 in my youth but those days are long gone. I can still handle 40 lb bags of dog food easily enough and these felt a lot heavier, but not that much. I could still get them up on my shoulder and carry them okay if I was positioned right. I am guessing 50 to 75 lbs. I think if they had been dry they would have been lighter but both bags had a lot of moisture in them when I cut them open.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AARP does NOT represent me.

AARP supports OdumbassCare, gun bans, medical treatment approval boards.

Every time I received some junk mail from AARP, I used their postage paid envelop and send them a note:

K. M. A.
You don't represent ME!

Yeppers...

...after AARP went so strong on supporting Obumbacare, the wife and I cancelled our membership with them. Haven't received a mailing from them in about forever.

However, I remember how good I felt when I saw the video of a room full of people gave the AARP rep a good talking to, and after she left, they had their own anti-Obumbacare meeting.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a friend that is going in for back surgery tomorrow, and they informed us today that he can't be released from the hospital until he has walked 200 feet without the aid of any kind of cane or walker. Oh, and they said that he also had to be able to recite the Preamble of the Constitution...

...I'm so old, I had to look it up as to how much was in the Preamble.

I'd have to be in the hospital for a long time if they didn't allow me to read it instead of recite from memory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom