Is anyone pheasant or quail hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about some encouraging words from you bird hunters...I have the fever but may not get out. I don't hate those feathered critters nearly as much as I used too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t yet. Still deer hunting. I will say I’m not seeing the numbers of birds as in the past though. Kind of poor actually.
Now that my bird dog has passed, I don’t know how much I’ll be out chasing them myself vs back in the day when it was a passion.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No wild birds around here, but there is still the occasional game preserve birds.
pheasant7_zpsxxnudrne-1.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I opted out of opening week in Nebraska due to weather and the farmers still having crops in where we hunt. The plan was to go over Thanksgiving break, but that got cancelled...so nothing from my end unfortunately.

Game preserves are fun but its just not the same...although as the hunting gets worse and worse at our area, they seem more appealing (its nice to at least SEE a bird when you're walking for miles).

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have land (and am from) North Central Kansas. Growing up, you couldn't move without kicking up a pheasant or covey of quail. Over the last two decades, it's been pure bunk. Don't know if it's farming practices or what, but the bird populations are a ghost of what they were. I wish I could get my kids into a situation like I was in as a teenager, but now we see probably a half dozen deer to every pheasant - maybe more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom