Is Being “In Shape” Important?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
...good DNA is a bonus as well. I'm a fat old man and my doctors look at my lab reports and shake their heads.
I agree it’s much easier for some than others. I’m fortunate to be able to eat about anything and not gain much. I also don’t eat until I’m stuffed and drink moderately. Not so much for my brother.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you get into a foot pursuit in the summer (at 6000' elevation) over 6 or 7 blocks, wearing 35 lbs of gear, you'll find out how important it is. When you fight a guy who just stabbed you in the face, on the side of the road, for 8 mins, before you can even call for help, you'll find out how important it is. Ask me how I know...

Age and injuries have taken their toll. I'll admit it...I loved to fight when I was cop. I loved it. One of my favorite things to hear when I was working the street was, "I don't think you can arrest me..." Well...there's one way to find out, skippy! :)

These days the spirit is still willing but the body knows better.

It's very important.
Yeah well, I didn’t post it earlier because I was going to be nice, but here we go. Most law enforcement agencies around here in east TX should be embarrassed by the fat b*stards they let wear their uniforms. Our local sheriff department is one of the worst. I’ve watched a few of their lard @ss deputies struggle to get in and out of their Tahoes. Foot pursuit? Ain’t happening.
Several years ago there was even a state trooper in this county that was so fat and lazy that when he pulled someone over he called over his intercom for them to come back to his car, and he never got out of the car. That guy is retired now, but I saw him a year or so ago in the grocery store with his fat @ss spilling off both sides of a motorized scooter.

Texas State Troopers have evidently raised the bar, because the ones in this county now are pretty fit. City PD cops that I know are in decent shape, but the sheriffs department evidently has no physical fitness standard.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet the milk was Braums A2.
Yes it was and I am wanting another glass and I am almost out.
I should have bought 2 gallons of it a couple days ago when I got this one.

What is nice is I can walk across the street and through through the park then jump the creek and walk across the apartment complex property and I am then 70 yards from the side door at Braums.
No traffic :)

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with being in shape is super important. I admit I haven't keep myself in shape since I quit training people. I normally run about 250 solid when working out/ training. In regards to them being out of shape I don't think they are thinking about running around.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah well, I didn’t post it earlier because I was going to be nice, but here we go. Most law enforcement agencies around here in east TX should be embarrassed by the fat b*stards they let wear their uniforms. Our local sheriff department is one of the worst. I’ve watched a few of their lard @ss deputies struggle to get in and out of their Tahoes. Foot pursuit? Ain’t happening.
Several years ago there was even a state trooper in this county that was so fat and lazy that when he pulled someone over he called over his intercom for them to come back to his car, and he never got out of the car. That guy is retired now, but I saw him a year or so ago in the grocery store with his fat @ss spilling off both sides of a motorized scooter.

Texas State Troopers have evidently raised the bar, because the ones in this county now are pretty fit. City PD cops that I know are in decent shape, but the sheriffs department evidently has no physical fitness standard.
It amazes me that OKCPD and others have no physical fitness requirement once an officer graduates from the academy. I am a big supporter of law enforcement but there are a LOT of cops who need to drop some pounds and get into better shape. Same thing with Fire department.

Latest posts

Top Bottom