Is IMR being discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these powders are being replaced by others that produce less co2 during manufacturing. When you see these new powders as being “green”, that’s what they are talking about. IMR powders are produced in Canada so there’s your sign. It’ll probably be impossible for them to be made at all before long. ESG… :pissed:

Hogdon just sells and markets them as canister powder. I’m not sure if they own the plant or not now as I haven’t kept up but in the past they never made powder.
It makes me wonder who actually owns some of these companies and what their agenda is! Hogdon seems to have a monopoly on powder companies they've bought and they're slowly dropping popular powder lines.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It makes me wonder who actually owns some of these companies and what their agenda is! Hogdon seems to have a monopoly on powder companies they've bought and they're slowly dropping popular powder lines

The EPA during the Obama era forced the closure of the last lead foundry here in the US , I have been stockpiling lead for years as a result as I cast bullets . everytime I have spare cash to allow it I buy powder because of these sort of changes, I never worried about the enduron lines but I find it interesting that the powders which were formulated to be insensitive to temperatures where the ones discontinued .

CountryLivin'

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i aint saying they arent blowing smoke but i called hodgdon afrer reading this and talked to Luke in customer service. he said thats a rumor and they dont have no plans to stop making imr powder. maybe someone else here can call and see what they tell them. don't know if its a company line just hoping it aint true that they are gonna stop making it

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
i aint saying they arent blowing smoke but i called hodgdon afrer reading this and talked to Luke in customer service. he said thats a rumor and they dont have no plans to stop making imr powder. maybe someone else here can call and see what they tell them. don't know if its a company line just hoping it aint true that they are gonna stop making it
I'm hoping that's true for sure! I've read in quite a few places it was being discontinued is why I was asking on the forum to see if it was just a rumor. Thanks for the info!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom