Is it illegal to shoot an airsoft gun in edmond Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BB guns in Edmond have been illegal forever. I got harrased by the cops all the time in the early 80s.

Airsoft, yellow pellets, are legal. Just dont get into a situation where someone thinks you are shooting a real gun.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I’ll be dipped in gravy it does appear to be illegal. Who’d have thunk here in Oklahoma they’d outlaw toy guns. ☹️
This state was run by Democrats for almost the entirety of its history until the mid-1990s. We still have a lot of holdover laws from that era.

FWIW, Oklahoma has state non-preemption on the possession or carrying of knives and firearms, so there are quite a few old ordinances on the books in cities that are no longer enforceable (the relevant statutes explicitly declared them null and void). I have no idea if this applies to airguns or airsoft, though.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a full grown man was shooting a red ryder at cans safely in his backyard (especially teaching a kid), any cop that would take action on that is most certainly on a power trip. Throwing rocks or using a slingshot is way more dangerous. I've even seen neighbors practicing their compound bow on a neighborhood green belt and nothing became of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom