Is it legal for my son to shoot a Red Rider BB Gun in my backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And when I was a kid, at age 12 I had 2-3 shotguns and .22 rifles at any given time. Us kids would usually trade guns, I remember I traded a transistor radio for a over under .410 and the forearm was missing. I'd go out the back door and shoot the .22 or shotguns and no one whined and no one was ever shot. Many a day I would ditch school as the mood dictated and tell my dog "hunt" and he'd take off with me following. I did this until I was interested in girls as the mood dictated which was daily. I've forgotten a lot of the girl's names but I've never forgotten the dog's name. By the way, this was around 1958-1960.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Super Dave said:
Don't know about Edmond, but I think it's illegal in OKC. Mind you I have been doing it since I was a kid, and my 17 and 8 year-olds do too, but I think it's still against the law. I am an outlaw.

If you don't get caught it isn't illegal. Only if you get caught it's illegal.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. Not in OKC but pretty much within any city limits you will find rules about discharging firearms and technically BB guns are firearms though I wouldn't think twice about having an airsoft or paintball war in woods right next to my neighborhood.

Even if the police were called and they showed up and saw you and your kid playing paintball or shooting a BB gun at a target in a safe environment they'd probably just ask you to stop and leave.
Key word here is 'probably".

Latest posts

Top Bottom