Is it legal to purchase alcohol online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is legal to ship wine, beer and liquor to Oklahoma now. There was a section of the liquor law that went into effect in early 2019 that allowed it. Many online distributors have not updated their shipping options to reflect this, but it's OK.

I've used sipwhiskey.com for several orders, they sell a lot of stuff (not just whiskey), and the shipping charges aren't awful. Not dirt cheap, but not as bad as other places I've looked.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some things aren't legal to ship to your door here but that doesn't always keep it from happening.
It was changed with the big alcohol laws upgrade a few years ago. Teslawasframed just beat me to it. You know liquor stores can be open on Sundays now, too, right? It has to be voted on county by county. Tulsa county has approved it, but Wagoner has not yet. I don’t think most liquor stores are opening on Sunday yet. Seems like most people don’t know open this possibility.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It was changed with the big alcohol laws upgrade a few years ago. Teslawasframed just beat me to it. You know liquor stores can be open on Sundays now, too, right? It has to be voted on county by county. Tulsa county has approved it, but Wagoner has not yet. I don’t think most liquor stores are opening on Sunday yet. Seems like most people don’t know open this possibility.
So you guys are saying that hard liquor can now be legally shipped to your front door here in Oklahoma?

If so, that is news to me.

If we can get it shipped to our door from anywhere, then why in the heck can't we buy it in gas stations and grocery stores!

I'm gonna have to get my people on this! :naughty:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some things aren't legal to ship to your door here but that doesn't always keep it from happening.
I haven't followed the changes in the liquor laws, but I do know someone who was regularly having alcohol shipped to his office (in an officially dry building, no less) in Oklahoma almost 30 years ago.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, we can ship booze to Oklahoma now. After the 2019 law went into effect my dad figured it out and got us matching bottles of 12 year old bourbon from a small batch distillery in Oregon that he likes.

Some distributors don’t ship to all states so you might have to do a little research to find one that has what you want and delivers to us okies.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I was in the state academy when the new legislation went through, and we had an ABLE Commission guy come out for a day and walk us through all the liquor laws and changes.

Like I said, SipWhiskey is who I use, but they don't sell beers. OP will have to fish around and find a retailer that'll ship what he wants.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I was in the state academy when the new legislation went through, and we had an ABLE Commission guy come out for a day and walk us through all the liquor laws and changes.

Like I said, SipWhiskey is who I use, but they don't sell beers. OP will have to fish around and find a retailer that'll ship what he wants.
The question I have to ask is price.
A certain Canadian Whiskey I like in Ponca City costs $24 after tax, $21 or something pre tax.
At Byrons in OKC, the same bottle is $17 pre tax, $19 something out the door.
In Missouri, that same container is $12.99 at Macadoodles liquor store pre tax and $14 something out the door.
I can see a huge swing in pricing, most caused by taxes and local pricing adjustments.
Given this information is it cheaper to order online, pay shipping plus state tax to realize any savings?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I order my Buffalo Trace and other bottles I can’t get in Oklahoma, like Blade and Bow, Smoke Wagon and a few others. I know the Buffalo Trace works out less per bottle than buying local.

I also order my Woodford Reserve Double Oak. All out of California. Ships FedEx with adult signature for 13.99 if you order 150.00 worth.

https://bdliquorwine.com/shop

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I order my Buffalo Trace and other bottles I can’t get in Oklahoma, like Blade and Bow, Smoke Wagon and a few others. I know the Buffalo Trace works out less per bottle than buying local.

I also order my Woodford Reserve Double Oak. All out of California. Ships FedEx with adult signature for 13.99 if you order 150.00 worth.

Wodford reserve double Oaked for what size container? That’s the nectar of the Gods!

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bro. Broooo. Brooooooooooooooooo.

You just changed my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom