Is it possible to get a carry license with PTSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PTSD is a broad and misinterpreted condition. Being treated for, or diagnosed with, PTSD in and of itself does not satisfy the conditions spelled out in the SDA application.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The app does ask if you are being treated for any mental problems. It is worded differently than that, but it does ask. Good luck

For clarity. It’s doesn’t ask if you are being treated for any mental problems. It specifically defines certain mental problems.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
PTSD is a broad and misinterpreted condition. Being treated for, or diagnosed with, PTSD in and of itself does not satisfy the conditions spelled out in the SDA application.
In conversations that I've had with Afgan War Vets they were coersed by miltary doctors into claiming symtoms that would classify them with PTSD. I'm not sure if that would benefit your or not.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In conversations that I've had with Afgan War Vets they were coersed by miltary doctors into claiming symtoms that would classify them with PTSD. I'm not sure if that would benefit your or not.
I suppose that might have happened. I was never coerced and do not personally know anyone who was. I do know many who willingly sought help with symptoms because we are finally gaining ground against the stigma of PTSD. I’ve also met a few who proudly admitted that they exaggerated things in order to cash in on a VA check.

PTSD is normal and far more common than folks realize and the overwhelming majority of folks who are, or could be, diagnosed with it live completely normal and happy lives.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for the GVT and a vast majority of my co-workers have been diagnosed with PTSD but are competent to work for the GVT and are gun owners. You know you, do you feel comfortable with any weapon in your home?

Latest posts

Top Bottom