1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Glock 'em down, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Rob72

Rob72 Sharpshooter

Part #s 6 and 33 $150, total. The Mossy mag tube is Loctited in, not soldered, like Rem. Buy a new barrel and mag tube (& shorter spring), and you're GTG. Just a thought. 2" does make a definite difference in handling, but the 12" & 14" lengths are pretty cool.:hey3:

2. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Honestly, I don't. I'm sure you could find the info but I don't have the time at the moment to look for it. I'm going off memory (which doesn't always serve me well), but it was any NFA item, pre or post 86 that was papered directly to the LE agency. The item would stay on the agency books and still be considered as possessed by the agency. That's why it couldn't be transferred to anyone else.

Honestly it would almost never happen. What agency would want to continue to be responsible for a MG that was in the hands of a retired officer? If it ever happens at all, I'd be inclined to think it might happen in a very small agency where everyone knew everyone and it was more of a buddy deal.

3. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think you are correct about the part in red above.

4. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97.4%
    Just an update.

We might as well go ahead and close this one down, guys. I've studied it, cussed and discussed it with others as well as my homies here at OSA and I just don't see it prudent at this point and time in my life to buy/build an SBS. :disappoin

Maybe later on down the line when I get my kids grown, educated and gone, then I can buy some cool toys. :w000t:

Until then...I just can't afford it. :anyone:

:cry3:

5. blackknight22

blackknight22 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    GED does your agency own any Remington 870s ? I know of a few agencies that had various length 870 Police Mags that registered them on Form 1s. Then they purchased the factory Remington SBS 14" modified choke barrels. Just saying if your agency owns the guns the only cost would be that of the barrel.

6. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

A Police agency would not file a form 1.

They'd use a form 5320.10 or form 10. :)

7. blackknight22

blackknight22 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sorry but you are not correct. Form 10s are for seized guns they want to keep and use. If you take the time to look at a Form 1 you will see that I was correct. I have seen a few hundred of them done this way, I doubt these departments and ATF have it wrong.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf

Follow the link, on the right side of the form "type of application" next to the letter "C" is what agencies use. As you can see a LEO agency can make pretty much anything they want tax exempt for their use.

8. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Man, I need to learn how to read. I totally misread your post....I thought you were asking if they confiscated various lengths of 870s and had them registered. Sleep time for me I guess, lol.

9. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you really want it, just buy a piece time and build it as you go. Save the barrel and the tax stamp for last.

10. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97.4%
    I think I'm just gonna forget the whole damned thing. :disappoin

It just pisses me off that I gotta abide by all the government ******** just to shave off a mere 4 inches from a scattergun. :pissed:

It's not like it's a full auto or something! :fullauto:

:censored:ING G-men! :finger: