is it worth to renew your concealed carry with all the new laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pricing is irksome. Are they still doing the background checks? If so, why? If not, why is the price still so high?

Everything’s still the same as before, pricing and all. You’d think they’d back off on the price a little, or even just charge only a hundred bucks for only a ten year permit- get rid of that five year one since the majority of the reason for even keeping the permit in the first place is to travel outside Oklahoma’s borders to the other states we have reciprocity with. I know it costs money to do all that and yeah, it was a real cash cow when permits were required but even then, there was no reason to charge that much. There certainly isn’t now but it is what it is I spose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feedback on the high fee needs to be shared with legislators who view 2A favorably

Well you know, you don’t have to get one. As long as you stay within Oklahoma‘s borders and as long as you’re alright with having to leave your gun in your vehicle whenever you go to a restaurant that serves alcohol, there really is no reason to pay for that permit at all. But I doubt they will ever reduce it because since they probably already have a really good idea that most people around here are going to cheap out and go the less expensive route and just do what little they can to keep them from having to buy a permit, they want to make as much money as they can from the people who refuse to be restricted.

I’m sure they’ve lost a lot of income from issuing those permits once that law changed so I highly doubt they’re going to reduce their income even more by making those permits any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read through this older thread, and there is a good reason to renew other than going OOS. That is the federal Gun- Free School Zones Act. Without a license you can't legally carry within 1000 feet of school property.

I'll keep my SDA license.
I did not know that... good information

Ken Andrews

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with everyone else recommending renewal of your Oklahoma Carry Permit. Being only five miles from the Kansas and 50 miles from the Missouri my wife and I are frequently in all three states on the same day. With family in Texas, Colorado, Florida and Illinois we will ALWAYS maintain ours for reciprocity... Also, highly recommend downloading the USCCA app to always have every state's carry laws and Oklahoma reciprocity info on your cell phone. The USCCA does a great job of keeping this vital info current.

Latest posts

Top Bottom