is it worth to renew your concealed carry with all the new laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What changes were made in the permitting process?
Something that was said made me look up HB 1630, and I think I found one of the changes made to suit the ATF:
HB 1630.jpg
Note that the 90 day grace period after the license has expired would be eliminated. I imagine that would be because the ATF does not want to accept an expired license for background checks.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do believe that it is the changes that were made in the permitting process that make the SDA card now acceptable as a substitute for having a 4473 run through NICS. You'll still have to fill one out but only for the FFL's records. I do not know whether the ten year card will be acceptable or only the five year card.

My apologies if I misunderstood. I read this to mean that changes to the permitting process are already in effect. Considering my schedule and lifestyle the past couple of years, it would be easy for me to miss something like that.
Something that was said made me look up HB 1630, and I think I found one of the changes made to suit the ATF:
Note that the 90 day grace period after the license has expired would be eliminated. I imagine that would be because the ATF does not want to accept an expired license for background checks.

You may be correct. Thanks for posting. I see it has passed both chambers and assume the governor will sign.

Ken Andrews

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that's not even a question to me... Of course I will always renew my Oklahoma Carry Permit if for no other reason than the reciprocity protection it gives me when/if I travel outside of Oklahoma.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take note of 18 U.S.C. § 922(t)(3) when renewing:

(3)Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a firearm transfer between a licensee and another person if—
(A)
(i) such other person has presented to the licensee a permit that
(I) allows such other person to possess or acquire a firearm; and
(II) was issued not more than 5 years earlier by the State in which the transfer is to take place; and

(ii) the law of the State provides that such a permit is to be issued only after an authorized government
official has verified that the information available to such official does not indicate that possession
of a firearm by such other person would be in violation of law;

Latest posts

Top Bottom