is it worth to renew your concealed carry with all the new laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at this time. I"m hopeful though
The new law goes into effect November 1st, as the bill was not designated as an "Emergency" bill. Whether it has any effect will be determined by the ATF. If they approve of the changes, then you will be able to use the five year SDA card in lieu of a 4473 background check. You'll still have to fill out a form for the FFL's records, however. If the ATF doesn't approve, then the only change will be losing the 90 day grace period for SDA card renewals.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The new law goes into effect November 1st, as the bill was not designated as an "Emergency" bill. Whether it has any effect will be determined by the ATF. If they approve of the changes, then you will be able to use the five year SDA card in lieu of a 4473 background check. You'll still have to fill out a form for the FFL's records, however. If the ATF doesn't approve, then the only change will be losing the 90 day grace period for SDA card renewals.
Hmmm... I don't see much of an advantage since I rarely buy from a dealer and I don't travel anymore.

It would just be paying a tax to carry for me.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't see much of an advantage since I rarely buy from a dealer and I don't travel anymore.

It would just be paying a tax to carry for me.
Then, that's the beauty of Constitutional Carry. You have the option to license or not to license.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I renewed online April 4th and still haven't gotten my new permit, old one expires tomorrow.
I think you should be ok, especially if they received the application before the old one expires. Also, I don't think the new bill applies until November, so you should still have the 90 day grace period until then.

HOWEVER... I am NOT a lawyer, and that's an awful lot of late night thinkin' on my part...
:drunk2:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should be ok, especially if they received the application before the old one expires. Also, I don't think the new bill applies until November, so you should still have the 90 day grace period until then.

HOWEVER... I am NOT a lawyer, and that's an awful lot of late night thinkin' on my part...
You don't need a permit as long as you're in Oklahoma anyway, so you're okay in state. If you go out of state, probably depends on their law, may not have ever been okay after expiration.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need a permit as long as you're in Oklahoma anyway, so you're okay in state. If you go out of state, probably depends on their law, may not have ever been okay after expiration.
I'm thinkin' there is a difference, though...

IIRC, carry is more restricted in OK without a permit, but I'm not sure where. Something to do with alcohol perhaps?

Meh. Fightin' lack of sleep & a headache, and don't feel like huntin' it up.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, something to do with if the business is more than 50% alcohol you can enter if you have a permit, but cannot carry if you don't. I'm too lazy to read right now. LOL! As far as I remember, that's about the only difference though, so just stay out of bars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom