Is Lexington WMA gun range open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA Matt!!!There is no range monitor at any public wildlife area range. The ranger might show up at anytime to check your hunting license. You are on your own. That is why it is cheap. I belonged to Tri City private range and sometimes there is a range monitor. I have talked to both rangers at Lexington about the rules.Have fun!!

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work the three ranges there for the ODWC. Yes, they are open from official sunrise to official sunset. If you have a valid Oklahoma hunting license, you are welcome. If you don’t, expect me or two others to ask you to leave. A Game Warden will fine you upwards of over $300! All three ranges are covered now with concrete benches and adjustable seats. Nice place to shoot, but don’t be stupid!

I was out there many years ago and two game wardens drove up, we shot the **** for awhile and I asked if they wanted to see my hunting license, they both said nope have a nice day, I was actually disappointed LOL.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@Mr. Matt Hunting season is here, may run in to more folks out sighting in their rifles and such this time of year. Having said that, I regularly go to Lexington and have had few issues with any one and when these folks were approached and respectfully addressed on the problem it was stopped and all had a good day. Get your hunting license and enjoy the range time with your wife, and please do not start her off with a 500 S&W and scare her off LOL. :cool:

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sight and in the new scope, that's what I wanted to go down there for. Dang Archery season has me all distracted.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

okgunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom