Is R&S Gun Service in Moore out of business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Ruger .44 mag carbines are sweet. I have owned a few over the years. I currently have the regular version (with barrel band and metal recoil "pad") that I hunt with on rare occasion (used to use it a lot). I also have a 1967 Fingergroove Sporter that is absolutely MINT! It wouldn't shoot POA at all though. I got another front sight which should put it on target but it does not look right on it. I later found out the 10/22 and 44 carbine appear to have the same front sights, but are actually different height. I am hoping they screwed up and put a .22 site on the .44 mag.

R.S. Gun Service had my Desert Eagle for months and they never fixed the extraction/loading issue. They claimed they couldn't replicate though I couldn't get through a single mag without it jamming. I tried 3 different type of ammo, as well as my hand loads. All did the same thing. Extractor slipping off, and if it made it far enough, the next round would try to also go into the chamber. I left them 150+ rounds of ammo and said they could use it all if needed to determine the issue and then shoot it enough to make sure it was good to go. The gun didn't look much, if any dirtier than when I dropped it off, but they said they couldn't duplicate the problem though all my ammo was gone.
I just said screw it and sold it. Now I have thousand(s) of rounds of .44 mag and only the carbines in that caliber which don't get shot much anymore. It should last me the rest of my life at this rate. LOL

Attachments

• 20151021_164355[1].jpg
    20151021_164355[1].jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20151021_164521[1].jpg
    20151021_164521[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom