Is Reloading Really Worth It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot anything but 9mm or .22 and you're sensible about the equipment you buy reloading saves you from a third to a half. So, if you're on a budget, or if you shoot a lot, or want to shoot a lot, or want infinite control of what you're shooting reloading is worth the effort.

johncranack

New to the site!
Reaction score
According to me reloading is definitely worth it. Reload is an addiction for me and it is also releases stress. I shoot some expensive calibers and handloading is the best way to go. Reloading is just depends on how much you get your supplies and value your time. If you enjoy reloading then its probably worth it.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mechanically, reloading isn't that hard to master. You just need to be careful to follow the loading data and don't deviate.
I'm close enough to you that I can spend a little time helping you get started. I'm in the Tuttle/Bridgecreek area and if and
when you get set up, shoot me a PM. I started out with the old Lee loader set that you use a hammer to drive the
cases in the sizing die. That is ancient history. I went to an RCBS jr. press and then upgraded to a Rochchucker. When I started
loading commercially, I bought a Dillon RL-550. When product liability insurance got out of hand I gave up the manufacturers
license, and kept all the equipment. I've never looked back. Blitzfike

jimktm520

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good comments here. I reload because I enjoy the precision and detail to do it properly/safely. I have afound that once I started getting really into it, I have sunk a boatload of cash into all of the "way-cool" accessories and tools that make it that much more fun for me. The .22 conversion kit stated before is actually the cheapest way to practice with your .45. Just do not forget to practice with full power .45 loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom