Is the 2A dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to mention that there are a heck of a lot of old fogies that would figure that, "Hey, I've had a full life, so I don't really worry about dying. THIS is that "hill worth dying upon.""

Lots of us took that oath to uphold the Constitution.

^^I agree with this 1000%. This is exactly what makes fighting insurgency so difficult. Insurgents have no problem giving their lives for the cause because they are true believers of what they are sacrificing. No holds barred, screw the ROEs of war, they will go down swinging. If you think the religiously indoctrinated terrorists in Iraq, Syria, and all the 'Stans in the Middle East are tough they would not pale in comparison to the deeply patriotic, red-blooded, backwoods Americans in the Midwest and Texas.

I think the fight would be even more involved though. I think other countries (Canada, EU et al) would get involved and make it more complicated. To make it even murkier Russia and North Korea would probably try to intervene somehow and this wouldn't be Civil War 2.0, but certainly WW3 because our adversaries would smell blood in the water and take advantage. Lefties don't consider second, third and fourth order effects of their actions and policies (i.e. Obamacare).

Latest posts

Top Bottom