Is the ATF Planning a Pistol Brace Amnesty Registration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only that, but after government f**ks you over no one is held accountable. Ever. The most you'll get after losing everything and then being proven right is...pretty much nothing.

We had a run-in with the IRS from 2005 to 2010. Garnished our bank accounts and withheld $20k in refunds due. It started with our 2004 return. We wondered why our refund of a little over $4k was taking so long. Then the wife noticed about $7k missing from a bank acct. Bank said the IRS took it. When we were actually able to talk to someone at the IRS the person actually said:

"We garnished you bank account because you failed to file your 2004 return. We filed an estimated return and found you owed approximately $12K. We also intercepted your return and applied it to your tax bill."

I almost blew a gasket. I asked the guy how in the hell did they intercept our return if we didn't file? His response was "That's just what we do when you owe money and don't file your return."

It took until 2010 to get the mess straightened out. They withheld just under $20k from us over that period. When it was all over they started sending our refund checks (stretched it out over about 7 months) and paid us a whopping $88 in interest on that money and the garnished bank acct money they kept for 5 years.

Ultimately they said it was our fault because we listed my wife as the primary earner on our returns when we'd always listed my name first. That caused issues with their system and they couldn't match previous records to our new returns. Still doesn't make sense to me.

I hate the IRS. I despise the IRS.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only that, but after government f**ks you over no one is held accountable. Ever. The most you'll get after losing everything and then being proven right is...pretty much nothing.

We had a run-in with the IRS from 2005 to 2010. Garnished our bank accounts and withheld $20k in refunds due. It started with our 2004 return. We wondered why our refund of a little over $4k was taking so long. Then the wife noticed about $7k missing from a bank acct. Bank said the IRS took it. When we were actually able to talk to someone at the IRS the person actually said:

"We garnished you bank account because you failed to file your 2004 return. We filed an estimated return and found you owed approximately $12K. We also intercepted your return and applied it to your tax bill."

I almost blew a gasket. I asked the guy how in the hell did they intercept our return if we didn't file? His response was "That's just what we do when you owe money and don't file your return."

It took until 2010 to get the mess straightened out. They withheld just under $20k from us over that period. When it was all over they started sending our refund checks (stretched it out over about 7 months) and paid us a whopping $88 in interest on that money and the garnished bank acct money they kept for 5 years.

Ultimately they said it was our fault because we listed my wife as the primary earner on our returns when we'd always listed my name first. That caused issues with their system and they couldn't match previous records to our new returns. Still doesn't make sense to me.

That's really pathetic.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now imagine 87,000 more of them. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom