Is the Python coming back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scuttlebutt says yes.

Big thread on the Colt forum on it. I sniped this pic that supposedly was a transfer done just today to a Colt employee. The FFL took the pic.

If this is actually true I hope (and expect) the lock work to be redesigned like the new Colt Cobras. I may have to have one and if there is a 4" or even a 3" version it's basically a given.

New Python.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see a lawyer lock like they did on the S&W. I wonder if they did any internal changes and if it’s going to be as good as the original.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been hearing that same scuttlebutt going on probably 2 years now. Will believe it when I see it. But if they are even close to the vintage Python's, I'd probably be trying to find a way to get my hands on one.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been hearing that same scuttlebutt going on probably 2 years now. Will believe it when I see it. But if they are even close to the vintage Python's, I'd probably be trying to find a way to get my hands on one.
Well that photo is making the rounds. I suppose it could be a rendered Photoshop illustration but it looks like a real gun. It's definitely got some differences from the original, so I'm thinking it's a new model gun and one that I've never seen before. It'll be a cruel joke if it turns out to be an airsoft toy or movie prop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom