Is the Trijicon RMR Still The Best RDS For Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to kick start a Glock 19X project and will have the slide milled to put a RMR on it. I have a 19 with an RM06 that is alright but with RDS on pistols becoming more and more popular i was wondering about possible better options?

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on how you define “best”. Wife has a 19 MOS that started with a vortex venom, but now has an RMR because Cabelas had a crazy sale on them a while back.

The RMR is definitely more robust, but the field of view is kind of small with its thick walls. For a SHTF scenario, I’d rather have the RMR. For a range gun, I like the Vortex better.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agreed. i dont really care for the small window or the tint on the glass. Also my type 1 RMR had the flicker issue even after adding the sealing plate...i ended up putting a small piece of electrical tape under the battery which solved it...still not cool for such an expensive sight. Also the dot projection was not well defined at all, [looked like 1 main dot with 2 smaller dots surrounding it], i ended up sending it back to trijicon a few months ago and they did correct it.

The deltapoint pro looked pretty good but i am seeing a lot of failures like broken glass when dropped...Reliability is my top priority and as of right now it seems the RMR is still the most reliable one out.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
old-man-yells-at-cloud-simpsons.jpg.cf.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it "best"? Dunno. It's the only offering durable enough for me to even consider. But I just traded off my only optics capable pistol because they are a totally different animal. When my eyes are too bad for irons I'll repurchase the latest and greatest and dedicate the time to learn it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom