Is there a carpenter in da house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad does rural stuff all the time your responsible to call the state inspector if no local towns claim the area
When I put a 200 amp service into our new shop building in a rural setting miles away from any municipality, I had to call in an inspector before they would install a meter.
When a wind storm broke tree limbs taking down the weatherhead and piping from the installation while blowing the fuses, I repaired it and had to call in an inspector before the utility could come and restore the fuse on the transformer to provide power to the panel.
I have known some living in the country that have scabbed in power, mainly lighting to an outbuilding from the residential panel and not called an inspector.
Don't know what the ramifications would be if an electrical fire started in the outbuilding insurance wise, but suspect it wouldn't turn out well for the homeowner.

Reactions: JD8

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck. I’m doing a full renovation on a house right now. Called 6 different contractors to get bids so that I could take some of the workload off of myself. 3 came out. One got it done two months after quoted to be completed (the carpet guy), the other two, one left me a quote a month late, the other didn’t get back to me. 5 out of the 6 offered me a job because they were extremely short handed.
I have ended up doing everything myself, while promising myself I’ll take up some of those job offers to apply my newfound skills and make some cash. With the boom of home sales, lack of labor, and rising home values it’s the perfect storm to where guys don’t get help and contractors are making a killing.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have an island in ours without power. Granted, its not fixed, ie we can slide it around, not sure if that makes a difference, but its fairly new construction.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense meant, but MORE space to prepare food is probably not in your best interest. Food is probably killing you slowly.
No offense, huh?

Yeah, I know I'm a fat tub of sheet, but damn, brah! That was harsh, ya prick, ya. :slap:

I think I'll go ahead and shut this mo-fo down on that note. :finger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom