Is there any alternative to a primer? Any entrepreneurs out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you get the dents out of the primer? A brass punch?

I would either use punches of the right size or I was also throwing around the idea of taking an old shell holder for a single stage press and having it filled in and welded and then smoothed flat. Then use a flattened pin in a Lee universal Decapping die and press the dent out like an arbor press.

I’m trying to figure a way to get the anvils back to the correct shape. And then, there’s the primer compound I have to research.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it failed because there was no need for it at the time. Now there is. They don't show the cartridge though.

I think it mostly failed because of the price....

RJnVMpu3O78d5C6xcyt8iOwLNbIgUmHvi-iZpIZkmBjJfltDxnLay96UfuABiP1V-RfF5OvsnOlh0c2OuW1BGLWEPc1ZVWVK3m1d4m6WS0gVkcGN5Zd3CetbVitCKb25l04KlncO76_fKCYpoWZnYYRvg0D5BIw

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we need is for Duramax or Cummins or Powerstroke to make a primerless ignition system for firearms.
When you pull the trigger the ignitor compound is suddenly put under pressure, POP! which in turn sets off the gunpowder.
Why sure it would be heavy, cumbersome and take five or six years worth of payments to buy it, but it would show those dad gum primer hoarders a thing of two.
And you could get the De Luxe XLT Super Duty 3500 model with GPS, surround sound satellite stereo and fine corinthian leather. Be sure to buy the extended warranty.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is pretty much the process I've been trying out. Except I'm not using the priming compound from the blanks.
So far it is working out ok.

Whoever said something about reshaping the anvils, no need to worry about that, the anvils are heavy enough brass that they don't need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom