Is there any alternative to a primer? Any entrepreneurs out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why stop at primers? A liquid propellant system using a spark plug like ignition system and fixed chamber all contained in the bolt. (Kind of like an airgun, only better) Eliminates the need for a case and single use primer. All the magazine contains is your favorite bullet.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why stop at primers? A liquid propellant system using a spark plug like ignition system and fixed chamber all contained in the bolt. (Kind of like an airgun, only better) Eliminates the need for a case and single use primer. All the magazine contains is your favorite bullet.
See, I just knew there were some outside the box thinkers out there.
Brings a whole new meaning to gas operated.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been a number of attempts to build a better mousetrap, or cartridge as it were. The Remington Etronx system still used primers, but ignited them electrically. It was meant to decrease lock time, I think. The other attempts were with caseless ammo systems, see the HK space gun. The problem with caseless systems is that it requires a very complex case feeding system to avoid igniting all of the ammo in a chain fire. With current technology, I don't see a viable option to replace conventional primers. I think the only viable answer to the supply problem is to increase production, either domestically or by importing them. The problem there is that demand is artificially driven by the political winds. If the manufacturers guess wrong, they are left with a huge overstock that they have to sell at depressed prices. This happened in 2016 when Trump won unexpectedly. The arms and ammo manufacturers had built up a huge surplus and almost went broke when demand plummeted. Unfortunately, I think the best option will always be to prepare when supplies are plentiful.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google potato gun...
:drunk2:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fuse, det cord,
Rebuilding a primer, even if I had nothing but time, we are not in the mad max times yet, lol. Ain’t no way I would spend time doing that

Latest posts

Top Bottom